Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

• 17-01-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

...I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Well, not much wealth and my taste probably questionable too :).

Anyway, as you can see from the information box on the left, I have been press ganged into service as moderator of this fine forum. As some of you may know, Karl Hungus is stepping down as moderator so I have some pretty fine shoes to fill.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Hungus for his steering of this forum. When I first discovered the Rock & Metal forum it was great to find somewhere that discussions were carried on maturely with very little muppetry. Sure, disagreements happen but compared to other metal-related forums, the quality of posts here is very high. Long may that continue!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

This is about the friendliest forum on boards. Everyone gets along great :D

So I'd say you'll have a cushy enough job as mod here. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Enjoy the arguments about Metallica :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Dr.Poca wrote: »

You do realise you've jinxed it now don't you?
    Denny M wrote: »
    I wonder would I get away with amending the charter so that any mention of Metallica that doesn't involve eulogising their first five albums would result in thread deletion and possible banning depending on how moody I was that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Metallikur? kill 'em all i say!

and then - only then, justice for all!!

gimme that which i desire - OOOOH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

When i lived in Wales i worked the door's for many years, finishing as Head Doorman at The Tivoli 3yrs ago.

Now at the Tiv we had some great rock nights, every Thursday, with a lot of Live bands, over the years the likes of Motorhead, Fear Factory, Quireboys, Bruce Dickinson etc played there.

Capacity was 1,100, i can't recall ONCE ever having trouble on the Rock nights, it was great to work, i loved the music and the fans (females more so)
    Fcukin hated doing the 'trendy' nights, every arsehole kicking off over nothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Denny M wrote: »

never heard of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

scudzilla wrote: »
    When i lived in Wales i worked the door's for many years, finishing as Head Doorman at The Tivoli 3yrs ago.

Now at the Tiv we had some great rock nights, every Thursday, with a lot of Live bands, over the years the likes of Motorhead, Fear Factory, Quireboys, Bruce Dickinson etc played there.

Capacity was 1,100, i can't recall ONCE ever having trouble on the Rock nights, it was great to work, i loved the music and the fans (females more so)

skanger nites musta been a nightmare. sexual tension and shapers galore, just glad you lived to tell the tale. was a proper sorta modern club setup there, mid-90s saw Carcass n Paradise Lost. was drinkin w/ P/L in redcaps, didn't really get the plastic fangs they were packin. unusual for a banger we usually got shuffled into some dingy hall.. just be glad you didn't work as janitor, far as i recall sinks were clogged w/ barf well in advance of the main act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Malice_ wrote: »
    I wonder would I get away with amending the charter so that any mention of Metallica that doesn't involve eulogising their first five albums would result in thread deletion and possible banning depending on how moody I was that day.

But The Black Album is such a sell-out album! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The king is dead, long live the king.

I hope this means that Karl posts more on here now that he has given up his mod crown.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bye bye Karl, many thanks.

Good appointment in Malice, mosh pits all round :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

Best of Luck Malice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More cowbell Malice, more cowbell!

But The Black Album is such a sell-out album! :rolleyes:
    Well I like it and if I'm making up the rules that's all that matters :p.
    Bye bye Karl, many thanks.

Good appointment in Malice, mosh pits all round :)
    I dunno about the mosh pits. I wear glasses which do not mix well with the fun and frolicking that goes on in your average pit :)
    mike65 wrote: »
    More cowbell Malice, more cowbell!
    Damn right :)
    cowbell.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Where's Karl Hungus going?

I don't think he's going anywhere (well I hope not, I can't be losing more Galway drinking buddies!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I don't think he's going anywhere (well I hope not, I can't be losing more Galway drinking buddies!).

I mean, is he leaving boards.ie altogether?

I mean, is he leaving boards.ie altogether?
    I doubt it. I think he's just getting old and he can't handle the coke and hookers like he could in the old days. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

You do realise you've jinxed it now don't you?

No, You're Unforgiven 2

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

scudzilla wrote: »

Couldn`t be more true to the point:).

Now the Quireboys ~Hey You What do you do~ Thats a blast,my first ever music purchase back in the tape recorder days,still have it:o

Good Luck Malice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Thats true enough. The people on here are much nicer than a certain english metal forum.:( The mods on that forum are a right bunch of english b*****ds most of the time:mad::mad:. At least the mods on this forum are lot nicer, and Karl will be missed as well.:( Anyway Long live this forum.

• Advertisement

No, You're Unforgiven 2
    Heh, I see what you did there!

Thats true enough. The people on here are much nicer than a certain english metal forum.:( The mods on that forum are a right bunch of english b*****ds most of the time:mad::mad:. At least the mods on this forum are lot nicer, and Karl will be missed as well.:( Anyway Long live this forum.

English bast@rds? And I thought poeple here were nicer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

English bast@rds? And I thought poeple here were nicer?

No offence to anyone who is english, but most of the people on that forum deserve to die in a horrible way. Most of them are bullies or just plain smart arsed. In contrast people on here are much nicer and friendlier.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Welcome Malice! I'm sure you'll do a top dollar job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i demand a cake of some sort for the situation at hand.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    i demand a cake of some sort for the situation at hand.
    fistofrock2.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So long, Karl. You'll always be my little angelwhore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm not going anywhere, truth is, I've just gotten fed up of moderating and I wanted to just enjoy boards as an average Joe. Lots of stuff going on in my life this last while, and the only times I've been on boards is to clean up some spam or other mess. So yeah, hopefully I'll have more time to post obscure (yet awesome) music here.

That exactly why I quit, its becomes a choir after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

That exactly why I quit, its becomes a choir after a while.

A position on an internet forum turns into a group of people singing together?

Advertisement