Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Examples of the three different types of leaders in Business?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Could anybody give me an example of the three types of leaders in business (Autocratic, democratic and laissez-faire) and an explanation as to why they fall into this category of manager? For example, Donald Trump from the US Apprentice is democratic because he delegates some of his work to subordinates. I would use this as an example but since my whole class knows how obsessed our Business teacher is with Trump, I think I'll go for somebody else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Autocratic - Hitler as he was a dictator and listened to nobody.

Democratic - Obama as he listens to other peoples opinions and then decides on the best approach.

Laissez-Faire - Richard Branson as he's admitted to having a "hands-off" approach to management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Autocratic - Hitler as he was a dictator and listened to nobody.

Democratic - Obama as he listens to other peoples opinions and then decides on the best approach.

Laissez-Faire - Richard Branson as he's admitted to having a "hands-off" approach to management.
    He said in business so the first two are obsolete. They wouldn't ask that question anyway, or would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

theowen wrote: »
    He said in business so the first two are obsolete. They wouldn't ask that question anyway, or would they?
    They'd never ask a question where you couldn't give Hitler or Obama as an example of their style of leadership. Also, as far as I remember, our business book gives Hitler as an example of an autocratic leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 siobhanher

theowen wrote: »
    Governments are accepted as businesses, they just have different aims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

You dont need examples for that.

I general theres no need to go out of your way to learn a different example to the rest of your class. Its just business after all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

I'd say examples would be good to have, especially in business.

Advertisement