Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question about the Nokia n97 Mini

• 17-01-2010 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking at purchasing one of these phones from Vodafone,
    here is my query.....
    I am not on Billpay and I am looking to use my dad's upgrade and use it myself,
    Think it is working out at 110euro which I couldn't say no too.....
    Firstly, I am wondering will I still be able to download the apps?
    One of the people working for Vodafone told me I would need to pay 99c a day,
    Secondly is it as good as the Iphone for connecting to Wifi?

Thanks,
    Richie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It all depends...are you on Vodafone as well?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

kmart6 wrote: »
    It all depends...are you on Vodafone as well?!

Thank you for replying and Yes I am Vodafone aswell, But I am Ready to Go....

No prob,we have a thanks button though;)

Well then there will be no preoblem downloading any apps, the Vodafone rep was right(which is surprising) in a sense. If you are downloading over the network there will be a fee of 99c a day up to a certain limit, don't know what it is off the top of my head, check there website.

If you download the apps over a Wireless network you'll experience no charges once done correctly!

No prob,we have a thanks button though;)

Well then there will be no preoblem downloading any apps, the Vodafone rep was right(which is surprising) in a sense. If you are downloading over the network there will be a fee of 99c a day up to a certain limit, don't know what it is off the top of my head, check there website.

If you download the apps over a Wireless network you'll experience no charges once done correctly!

Cheers bro and is the wireless network complicated?
    Im not great with phones tbh,
    The iphone seemed pretty straight forward sometimes my mate would be out in the car around dublin and just pick up a signal with no pin, that happened a few times?
    Is the wifi connection on the n97 as good?

P.s. where is the thank button? lol (edit: got it)

Well I wouldn't say it's complicated, press the screen 3 times and your connected to an available network. I find it picks up Wireless easy enough, but realistically it all depends on the strength of the Wireless itself!

• Advertisement

Well I wouldn't say it's complicated, press the screen 3 times and your connected to an available network. I find it picks up Wireless easy enough, but realistically it all depends on the strength of the Wireless itself!

Cool and do you need a password for some connections?
    A friend of mine told me the iphone can break through them,
    also is the browser any good?
    I'm basically looking for a phone I can use to go online anywhere when im bored,
    e.g. college :D
    A phone with good apps and stuff, would you recommend the n97 mini?
    I was offered a Google G1 of a friend of mine for 150euro,
    his girlfriend bought it in Wales for him, but he got the n97 and is using that instead

Well yes, the majority of Wireless networks are password protected, I can't speak for the iPhone and whether it can do that but I'm sceptical that it could!

Your college should have a network that isn't protected, if it is they're just tight.

Well I have an N97 and I'd recommend that to anyone really, but only if they are going to prepared to learn how to update software etc....,some people just see it as too much work!

Well yes, the majority of Wireless networks are password protected, I can't speak for the iPhone and whether it can do that but I'm sceptical that it could!

Your college should have a network that isn't protected, if it is they're just tight.

Well I have an N97 and I'd recommend that to anyone really, but only if they are going to prepared to learn how to update software etc....,some people just see it as too much work!

Cheers mate well I take your word for it and I'm defiantly willing to learn some of the applications you cant get on the n97, it would be so worth and hopefully this site can help me aswell too :)

Well you'll find a lot of information in the N97 thread here. I'd also recommend this site, Nokia Users

Well you'll find a lot of information in the N97 thread here. I'd also recommend this site, Nokia Users

Yeah I noticed that N97 Thread, its been bookmarked as has the Nokia Users site also :)
    Thanks for you help again mate, Cant wait to get this phone now

• Advertisement

Good luck with it!

Good luck with it!

Cheers mate!

Advertisement