Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any places in Limerick that do "All you can eat"?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Any places do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

The Jasmine Palace - O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any places do this?

Try the sticky above

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

phog wrote: »
    Try the sticky above

I dont see any "all you can eat" recommendations in there anywhere :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

LB6 wrote: »
    The Jasmine Palace - O'Connell Street.

On Sundays.

Excellent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jumbo Chinese restaurant out next to the Groody Bar do an all you can eat Sunday buffet for €8.95.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Jumbo Chinese restaurant out next to the Groody Bar do an all you can eat Sunday buffet for €8.95.

They do?Whats the food like there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jackncoke wrote: »
    They do?Whats the food like there?

If you like lots of grease in your chinese then its for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

phog wrote: »
    Try the sticky above

Ah things can be slow to be discussed in stickys!!alot of people dont notice them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Pizza hut do an all you can eat buffet for lunch on weekdays. I think its around a tenner and it includes different pizzas and salads. Well worth it yum yum:pac:

Mc Love wrote: »
    If you like lots of grease in your chinese then its for you!

I've never found that with their takeaways, I presume it is cooked in the same way by the same people.

• Advertisement

It was one of their takeaways that made me sick. Looked in the tray it comes in and was way too much oil/grease. YUK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I've never found that with their takeaways, I presume it is cooked in the same way by the same people.
    It was one of their takeaways that made me sick. Looked in the tray it comes in and was way too much oil/grease. YUK

Have to agree with Bazz there, had a few takeaways from there and never found them too greasy.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Have had a good few since it is close to work - but not as good as Wokking - well worth the extra drive in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Have had a good few since it is close to work - but not as good as Wokking - well worth the extra drive in

Wokking is no great shapes imo. Dim Sum or the pagoda in corbally usually or ginger lily's if I'm lazy but have to agree with the above views always got good tasty take away from Jumbo

sioda wrote: »
    Wokking is no great shapes imo. Dim Sum or the pagoda in corbally usually or ginger lily's if I'm lazy but have to agree with the above views always got good tasty take away from Jumbo

The portions are pretty decent too.

I think I may try Jumbo so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

the fried rice is lovely for some reason, probably a nice amount of msg but who's counting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Woking used to be great. Has gone downhill a lot recently though imo

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

staying on this side of town - chungs chinese in castletroy does an all you can eat buffet on sunday too.think it's 18 yoyo's a pop. nice food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Actually they do it every day!

Monday-friday 17.30 till 21.00
    Not sure about saturday
    All day sunday.

The range of food they serve/quality is not comparable with the jasmine buffet but neither is the price! The food is decent enough!

You also get desert of ice cream or apple pie!

• Advertisement

Just had wokking last night and it hasnt gone downhill. Makes a change from Zwe ton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Just had wokking last night and it hasnt gone downhill. Makes a change from Zwe ton[/quot

Their the same thing no?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Souness

Poeny court chinese at Punches cross do an all you can eat job! Food is decent too!

Their the same thing no?

I dont think the owners of Zweton would like you saying they were the same as the WokKing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Just had wokking last night and it hasnt gone downhill. Makes a change from Zwe ton

Used to love the schezwan spicy beef but last two times i got it, twas awfull. Although that was from the Caherdavin one so that might be the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

I dont think the owners of Zweton would like you saying they were the same as the WokKing :D

Pretty sure ze we ton/ woking/jasmine/la chocolat are all owned by the same owner.

This however does not translate to being the exact same food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Anyone know if Dragonfly in Newton Castletroy is any good?
    Have been going to Zweton for a while but it is expensive. Think I might change.

I am a big roast duck man. its 12.50 in Zweton. So if anyone has gotten a cantonese roast duck in the Troy/annacotty area, let me know. So tasty with soy sauce.

Advertisement