Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating systems in templars hall

• 17-01-2010 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

anyone have any ideas how to heat the water with them?

mine doesnt seem to be heating it and not sure if its even possible.

light on the boiler that says its heating the water never switches on although the controls are set to heat the water

basically, does anyone here from templars heat there water with the boiler?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

students can,t afford plastic bags to put there 50 quids worth of drink in! ! They most def could,nt afford hot water haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

haha them bleeeeedin students havent invaded my street yet thank god. or maybe the word is infested :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Those houses are the same as the ones in Castle Grange (Exactly the same house, same builder) where I have one rented out.

I had the boiler serviced last year and the plumber said that the only way to heat the water was with the electric immersion heater in the hot press.

looking at the settings on the boiler control panel, which even has a little tap symbol on the dial, you would assume that it also heats the water but he said that they are a very basic unit thats just heats the radiators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

Hifive wrote: »
    Those houses are the same as the ones in Castle Grange (Exactly the same house, same builder) where I have one rented out.

I had the boiler serviced last year and the plumber said that the only way to heat the water was with the electric immersion heater in the hot press.

looking at the settings on the boiler control panel, which even has a little tap symbol on the dial, you would assume that it also heats the water but he said that they are a very basic unit thats just heats the radiators.

that would make sense.

cheers for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

chrism2007 wrote: »
    haha them bleeeeedin students havent invaded my street yet thank god. or maybe the word is infested :D
    your lucky so haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement