Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Videostream break-up

• 17-01-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

I am having a problem when watching youtube videos and internet TV on my laptop.The video stream stops after about 20 secs. and starts reloading before starting again. Would it be because my broadband is only 1MB?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

yes you might have a bad connection.

Try Speed Test here: http://www.speedtest.net

Tell us the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Groucho10

Will do,

thanks

Hi Webmonkey,

The result says the performance is average and PC booster is recommended. Download 0.13 Mb/s, upload 0.31 Mb/s, ping 73ms, isp 2.5/5. Does this product work?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Groucho10 wrote: »
    Hi Webmonkey,

The result says the performance is average and PC booster is recommended. The meter is reading low. Does this product work?

Eh? Are you running the Speedtest or clicking on the ads? Post the link that the speedtest provides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

685676849.png

vbulletin685676849.png

I have the same problem it has to keep buffering up. Is the only answer to upgrade to 3 or 4 mb.

• Advertisement

That looks pretty bad for a 1Meg line. You should get a line check. Upgrading to higher packages won't achieve much unless you can get the 1Meg sorted first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Webmonkey wrote: »
    That looks pretty bad for a 1Meg line. You should get a line check. Upgrading to higher packages won't achieve much unless you can get the 1Meg sorted first.

thanks for advice I will chase them up on that.

685756997.png

Groucho10 wrote: »
    685756997.png
    That's dreadful

I was trying to log the fault onto BT's website but wasn't able to as they are in the process of selling over to vodaphone. I'll try and ring them though that's always major grief - trying to get a human instead of a machine that is.
    Thanks for your assistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

i hve ntl's 20MB line, no problems for me, i suggest it as its the faster connection you can get in this country as far as i know

i hve ntl's 20MB line, no problems for me, i suggest it as its the faster connection you can get in this country as far as i know
    You don't need to go 20M just to watch you tube, the 1Meg should be able to handle it but as seen above, he's got more 0.13meg and this is the problem. More than likely he has bad line attenuation etc. He should get a line check done.

Plus, NTL is only available in certain areas.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/695155861.png. Vodaphone seem to have sorted this.

Thanks

Advertisement