Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 2 Year Visa for the US...

Options
  • 17-01-2010 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Is there some new 2 year visa for the US available to Irish people? Anyone hear anything about this? Someone mentioned it to me last night but i presume they are talking thru their ass?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Haven't heard of anything and there is nothing on the embassy's website. Did they give any other details, like what the visa is for? The newest visa is a one year J1 (you need to be in/ have graduated college within a year), but it's been out for a year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Zodiac12345

silja wrote: »
    Haven't heard of anything and there is nothing on the embassy's website. Did they give any other details, like what the visa is for? The newest visa is a one year J1 (you need to be in/ have graduated college within a year), but it's been out for a year or so.

Unfortunately i didn't get any details. I have just heard it off another person (again they had no concrete details).

I did quiz both people and they said tis definitely not the college graduation one(i knew of that one myself).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

I read today while trying to sort out my passport that if you have had an American vwp that it's good for 2 years after the date of initial approval, for business or pleasure. So I think that's what the OP is referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Well theres also a lot of talk about bringing in a two year intern/trainee visa I think, something similar to the one year, but they're only talking about it!

Advertisement