Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone question

• 17-01-2010 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

hi, I am looking at buying a phone online and was on the vodafone and O2 websites for a look. There are deals available for new and existing customers, upgrades etc.. then I decided to look further afield and ended up on a site called www.dealextreme.com which is based in Asia. I am interested in ordering a phone from this site. The particular phone has dual network feature which allows you to use 2 sims.

My question is, if I order this phone, will I be able to use my current O2 sim with it straight away or do I have to do anything special to configure this phone to the O2 network. (Im a pay as you go customer)

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

No, it should immediately work.
    You should also try ebay, they have lots of dual-sim phones at very cheap prices.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You might have a problem, a lot of dual sim phones cant use 3g. Most will take a 3g sim card, but they only work on gsm bands, so if your into using the phone for lots of internet it might not be the best option for you.

For calls and texts you should be fine.

Advertisement