Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert OL Trigonometry Teacher wanted

Options
  • 17-01-2010 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am a student of Digital Media in the Education Dept at the University of Limerick. I am in my first year of a two year masters. I am not working as a teacher but I have prepared a lesson on ordinary level mathematics trigonometry that I would like to try out in a classroom. Any such session will be videod, but only a written transcript will only be kept as part of the research. The lesson features leaving cert past papers where more than one solution can be used to answer a question. The intention of the lesson is to challenge pupils to come up with the less obvious solution and see if a discussion can take place on the merits of which of the multiple solution is preferable. I therefore need an OL leaving cert teacher that has already covered trigonometry and who is agreeable to giving over one of his/her class times whether during school hours or after schools hours to this piece of academic research.

I live in Galway, but I am willing to travel any distance to carry out my research. What is more important is a maths teacher who is interested :)in this research. Mairead x [SNIP]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Once you've a teacher on board you would probably need permission from the parents of the students also.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi Mairead_Manifol and welcome to boards.ie.

As per the charter (quoted below), I have removed your phone number from your post.
    Personal Information

Please do not post personal information about yourself or about anyone else, including e-mail addresses and phone numbers.

This is to protect you from prank calls, etc.

If people are interested they may send you a private message and you can discuss it with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement