Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to Kerry

Options
  • 17-01-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Who does a direct bus to Kerry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you find any, please let us know here!

I was most surprised to find that I couldn't even find one private service to list as "going South" on the regional buses page.

Bus Eireann used to have a Galway-Tralee service, but I'm pretty sure it got cancelled, and with them you have to change in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

As far as i know its a five hour journey with a change over in limerick.
    good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Kennedys of Annascaul used to run a direct service to dingle stopping in Tralee on Fridays and back on Sundays. I don't know if they still do tho; might be worth ringing them and seeing if it still exists. Other than that it's change at limerick for a bus to Tralee; or in the summertime bus eireann run a service via the cliffs of moyer and across via the ferry and on to Tralee. Takes about the same time but more scenic :). Only runs may to September tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The via Cliffs and Tarbert/Killimer route is lovely, but be warned..if you get bus sick it is NOT for you. A friend was green after taking this. So many little windy roads = not good for car sickness.
    The ferry trip is lovely though, and if you don't get car sick it's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kean

Only bus to Kerry for Galway i think involves a transfer or stop at Limerick

• Advertisement
Advertisement