Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Grinds My Gears

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

People who take online games too seriously (not sure if it's been mentioned before) - it's so damn annoying to have people raging on chat because they take a game to be a matter of life and death... if only people could actually play for fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    This actually reminds me of playing DMC1. It was just one of those games I didn't get. It even infuriated me more when mates in work were saying they completed it on the top difficulty. I think I got to level 2 or something in it, just threw the towel in then.

I was finding DMC1 tough for the first few levels when it asked me if I wanted to switch to Easy Automatic mode, so I did. Finished the game several times then.

A few months later, I decided to play through it again, this time on Normal. Holy Hell. Completely different game from the one I'd finished at least 3 times before.

So yeah, what grinds my gears is when the easy mode is waaaaaay too easy. I think DMC is an 18 rated game, there's no need for the easy mode to be that easy, especially when it takes so much away from the game

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Regarding reviews. Something smells fishy to me regarding the Fallout 3 GOTY.

I have scoured the net (admittedly for the PS3 version) for a review on the GOTY which actually mentions problems with loading, crashes etc and I can not find one.

This grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

noodler wrote: »
    Regarding reviews. Something smells fishy to me regarding the Fallout 3 GOTY.

I have scoured the net (admittedly for the PS3 version) for a review on the GOTY which actually mentions problems with loading, crashes etc and I can not find one.

This grinds my gears.

Got to love those blinkered reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Vegeta wrote: »
    Got to love those blinkered reviews

I can only assume they were sent special versions or that websites didn't bother with the GOTY disc and just reviewd the downloads which were maybe okay?

I don't know. I had the original and it was a little buggy but nothing like the GOTY edition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

jazzy, is this what you're on about?? :pac:

500x_pikachuchuchu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

JRPG conventions -
    • random battles
    • ridiculous dialogue
    • stupid f*cking back & forth collecting missions (e.g. Lost Odyssey where you spend 15 minutes collecting sticks and flowers for a funeral :mad:)
    • set save points (I want to save when it suits me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

After playing modern warfare 2 (PC) for the first time online, it really grinds my gears!!

p2p severs? are you joking? I thought this only happened on consoles. People are happy to play on servers with 150+ pings. It's shocking. I wouldn't play any other fps with a ping and higher than 70. This game doesn't even give me a choice. Unbelievable.

Then theres the whole level up system. Would the game be played as much without it? I doubt it. I don't like it at all. Sure a few achievements and a few extras weapons isnt a bad idea but almost ALL the weapons need to be leveled?? I don't think so.

You can only unlock some unlockables once you have unlocked the unlocks... if you know what i mean. I get some achievements saying i killed 5 people crouching. I estimate that i must have done that EVERY game up to this point, but no, I had to unlock that unlock some other way. Retarded imo

There is also tons of cheaters (constant hs's through walls etc.) that ruin games and there seems to be no way of votekicking them. Whoever is the server can kick them but often people don't even know how. I leave the game because of the cheater and try find another game (hardcore HQ is my fav but unfortunately unpopular) but i am connected straight back to the game i left. Over and over. Until I go for a different game type. p2p server system is at fault again.

All that said I lost a whole weekend to the game! It is good but could be better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The USA vs Rest of the World divide when it comes to special offers, exemplified here.

http://community.darksidersvideogame.com/blog-post/mystery-code-revealed

Any USA customers who bought Darksiders new got a code, Everywhere else didnt. That code now offers a bonus disc of art and dev vids....oh and a FREE GAME (Red Faction: Guerilla).

We already pay more for our games FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 crazy shamus

Lagging in modern warfare2.I saw this guy in last stand and thought te he:D sucker pulled the trigger to find that not only did i not kill him but i killed all my team members around me.:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement