Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet website critique

Options
  • 17-01-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I recently just finished a website for a client. I need to polish it off, add a few images (they're getting them to me in the next few days) and the products page still needs to be addressed. Does anyone have any opinions/suggestions?

http://theveterinarycentre.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Looks nice, however I only get 5 lines of text above the fold. The header, nav and lifestyle graphics could have quite a bit of padding removed allowing more room for hard info. Header could be 100px, nav around 35px and lifestylwe graphic <200px.

Do try to make the client put their prices on the site. It's frustrating when users can't get this important purchase decision making info.

Instead of a block of text on the homepage, I'd have a list of a few of the reasons to choose this vet. Convenient opening hours, fully stocked shop etc.

Not sure about services being in the about us section.

hth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

In a nutshell. It's very basic and simple. It's quite a rudamentary site, but it does the job and avoids many of the mistakes that you see. Not going to win any design awards, but i'd say it'll keep the client happy and that's the most important thing.

I'd do some more work on SEO for the location page and for the rest of the header tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

This really has nothing to do with the actual design of the site, but I'll say it anyway:

As a regular user of vet services I like to see some information on each of the vets who work in a practice.

This is the norm on most practice websites and it would certainly make me more likely to visit one practice over another.

Obviously, this decision may not be up to you, but if it is I would consider including it.

Advertisement