Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.1 Degree

Options
  • 17-01-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Can someone explain this, what are the requirements in DIT for a 2.1. Also is it over the 4 years of your degree or just based on your final exams ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

The course document which can be found in the library documents the awarding process. In my course the final year average taken from all subjects is used to determine the grade.
    You need at least 60% for a 2.1, though borderline cases eg 58-59 MAY be considered for an upgrade. You should aim to scrape a little bit more than 60% just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I believe most courses in DIT use the final year average grades because that's where you project is done but no doubt there are some that require all four+ years of grades to make up your degree level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

There are some courses where its a combination of year 3 and year 4 results. You should check the programme document to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Is the final year average weighted?
    Ie. Some of my modules are five credits, some are ten.
    If I get 65 in my five credit and 75 in my ten credit, would my average be 70 or 72?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

According to the regulations here, yes they are weighted according to the credits.
    http://www.dit.ie/services/academicregistrar/student-assessment-regulations/general/

• Advertisement
Advertisement