Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you watch TV With Xbox?

• 17-01-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭

I have the kids Xbox hard wired to the B/B modem and have d/loaded Tversity.

All is working fine for streaming from the hard drive but i wonder is there a way of watching tv without having a Sky contract, even just down to being able to watch RTE player or a site that streams live soccer matches?

Any help would be appreciated as this may help my lads see me as "cool", as you young folk say...:cool:
    (i even put a simile in, how cool is that?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

In short no, the xbox doesnt have an internet browser so you cant watch any of the I players. Im not sure if you can set up some sort of streaming from your pc but i would reckon you would need to be fairly tech savvy to do it.

Best bet is to get a PS3 for this kind of thing it can play the iplayers and has an add on called Play TV where you can watch and record the 4 Irish channels for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Best bet is to get a PS3 for this kind of thing it can play the iplayers and has an add on called Play TV where you can watch and record the 4 Irish channels for free.

Or just watch the channels the way regular folks do - saves money too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Or just watch the channels the way regular folks do - saves money too :P

True, But you dont get Ryan Tuburty in digital quality !! Maybe we're better off with the rabbit ears !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

True, But you dont get Ryan Tuburty in digital quality !! Maybe we're better off with the rabbit ears !!:D

Also the "regular way" of doing it will be shut down next year :P

At which point digital will be the only way of doing it :D

And your choices will be play TV, another box you'll have to buy to receive the channels or a new TV that support the Irish digital TV standard without the need for a box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

try xbmc if your box is modded

• Advertisement
Advertisement