Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton -v- Arsenal, Sunday 16.00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

half time, and it's 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Have to say, the match was a lot less enthralling than I expected. Arsenal have been in control for most of it, although both teams have had opportunities they should have done a lot better with.

Cesc has been playing pretty poorly. Apart from the goal he's giving the ball away far too much. Getting into it a lot more as the half goes on, but I'm beginning to think Arsenal should take him off sooner rather than later, he doesn't look match fit.

Arsenal should have had two penalties. On both occasions the ref was unsighted though so I'm not going to blame him. Overall he's having a piss poor game, letting far too much go. The little scrap that resulted in a card to Rosicky could ahve been avoided had he blown for the initial foul on Diaby. And the less said about the Cesc/Taylor incident the better. Overall Bolton have been the usual dirty selves, unsurprising, although I hope Coyle get's them playing instead of scrapping.

Nothing much to report on the Bolton side other than they've been sh*te. That goal was easily preventable, but they pissed away three good opportunities to clear it. 'New manager syndrome' isn't happening for these lads, Coyle has a massive amount of work to do to get them playing football.

Final remarks on Eastmond, decent first half, as much as could be expected. He positions himself well although he's lost out to the more physical side of Bolton on occasion. Lucky not to get a yellow, but hey, Song likes to make those cyncial fouls too so I'm not complaining yet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fabregas really is something else. Best player in the world this season as far as I'm concerned.

Decent enough performance so far going forward, shoulda had at least one penalty too. Dodgy at the back with Traore, and Almunia is still ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm beginning to think Arsenal should take him off sooner rather than later, he doesn't look match fit.

Agreed, he's obviously not yet match fit.

And also Robinson or Taylor look set on doing him some damage so the less time he has to spend on that pitch the better. Particularly with how poor the standard of refereeing has been so far.

Push Rosicky back into the middle and throw Vela up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Cesc has been playing pretty poorly. Apart from the goal he's giving the ball away far too much. Getting into it a lot more as the half goes on, but I'm beginning to think Arsenal should take him off sooner rather than later, he doesn't look match fit.

Are you for real? The goal. He nearly won two penalites, one definitely should have been given. The pass for Vermaelen when Vermaleen was just offside. The corner that lead to Eastmond's chance. There has been plenty of one-twos and through balls for Arshavin in particular. He's also been targeted by Bolton which has led to a strong likelihood of one of them guys getting sent off - Robinson is lucky to be on the field after two nasty fouls on Cesc. For someone you say isn't match fit, he's been on the ball more than anyone on the pitch. What more could he possibly have done to please you? He's been amazing and has been at the centre of everything good about Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Frisbee wrote: »

And also Robinson or Taylor look set on doing him some damage so the less time he has to spend on that pitch the better. Particularly with how poor the standard of refereeing has been so far.

Wouldn't agree with taking him off at all just yet. Yes he has given it away a few times but almost all our positive moves have had him involved in some way and we're only 1 up. Also Rosicky isn't exactly super fit either.

I'd be more inclined to go Clichy->Traore, Vela->Rosicky

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭dbrowne9212

]

what? have to disagree there guys, he wasn't too far from a hat-trick in the 1st --had he won and taken the peno and scored that late chance!! bit of perspective. even the the best players of all time give the ball and i dont blame him for not busting a gut if he dosent need to given the state of the squad at the moment...

playa3 wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree with taking him off at all just yet. Yes he has given it away a few times but almost all our positive moves have had him involved in some way and we're only 1 up. Also Rosicky isn't exactly super fit either.

I'd be more inclined to go Clichy->Traore, Vela->Rosicky

Sorry I didn't mean take him off at HT, take him off after 65/70 minutes or so.

I agree with Clichy on for Traore alright.

]

what? have to disagree there guys, he wasn't too far from a hat-trick in the 1st --had he won and taken the peno and scored that late chance!! bit of perspective. even the the best players of all time give the ball and i dont blame him for not busting a gut if he dosent need to given the state of the squad at the moment...

I'm not saying he's having a bad game.

I'm just saying that I don't think we should risk him for 90 minutes.

Are you for real? The goal. He nearly won two penalites, one definitely should have been given. The pass for Vermaelen when Vermaleen was just offside. The corner that lead to Eastmond's chance. There has been plenty of one-twos and through balls for Arshavin in particular. He's also been targeted by Bolton which has led to a strong likelihood of one of them guys getting sent off - Robinson is lucky to be on the field after two nasty fouls on Cesc. For someone you say isn't match fit, he's been on the ball more than anyone on the pitch. What more could he possibly have done to please you? He's been amazing and has been at the centre of everything good about Arsenal.

well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I almost forgot what Clichy looked like thill I saw him there.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying he's having a bad game.

I'm just saying that I don't think we should risk him for 90 minutes.

i just dont think we can afford to pull off our best player at half time in a game we are not exaclty winning comfortably. if we want to win the league --and i believe we can-- we cant afford too much caution, if our best players are assesed to be fit, then they get penciled in to play 90 minutes and if we are 2 or 3 up at the end... then maybe we can pull em off.

Clichy warming up

Thank God

Bolton have started this half as they did the first, putting us under a lot of pressure.
    We need to get on the ball and slow it down, start playing how we like to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

How did he miss that:eek:

Karma ;)

Merida on, Eastmond off

Merida for Eastmond. Will Diaby go holding midfield then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Merida on, Eastmond off
    I had a feeling he'd get a go today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I would've bet my bollix that he would've stuck that away.

Merida for Eastmond?!

So now we have no defensive midfielder. Unless Diaby is going to slot in there, which we've seen doesn't work too well.

• Advertisement

Another one so close for Bolton

Ah Taylor..... bad decision to take that on early. Take a chance and just play until you hear the whistle (if any).

Arsenal haven't shown a great deal in this game. Bolton working very very hard.

Very lucky Taylor thought he didn't have enough time to take another touch there.

Clichy to LB

Traore to LW

Arshavin to RW

At a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

That_Guy wrote: »

Arsenal haven't shown a great deal in this game. Bolton working very very hard.
    In fairness we missing half our midfield and missing Van Persie and Bendtner only coming back from injury.

Thank god for Clichy! Chance for Traore to show what he can do going forward.

• Advertisement

Did he really deserve a yellow for that?

So close there from Vermaelen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Not a perfect goal, but it'll do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Goal I won't say for who tho for those on sopcast;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Great reaction from Merida. Adjusted his body really well to take the ball with him.

Go on Merida. Yeah!!

Yay Merida - good work from him in the buildup too. Hopefully the love from the fans will prompt him to stay.

Thought he missed it at first - that he hit the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Nice one Merida!

Good goal. Bolton will be kicking themselves that they allowed Fabregas to travel with that ball without making a tackle and throwing him off his path.

Did he really deserve a yellow for that?

My stream didn't show a replay so I can't say. Although he didn't really put up any kind of argument so I'm guessing it was the right decision.

Good take and finish from Merida

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well done Franny, great finish.

0-2

Hopefully a goal from Bolton to set up a tight last few minutes

Hopefully a goal from Bolton to set up a tight last few minutes

My Fantasy Football team disagrees with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Nearly had a heart attack was going throught the posts on my phone and saw amachi's post but I didn't know he was an Arsenal fan :o thought them feckers were after equalising :).

• Advertisement

Please take Cesc off.

Taylor doesn't want to score today it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Traore is so fucking shit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Cesc is so good its unbelievable. He makes that team tick so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

arshavin and edwardo did nothing today

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Cesc is so good its unbelievable. He makes that team tick so well.
    Contrastingly how is Johan Elmander still at Bolton he must have one of the worst records in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

nuxxx wrote: »

Eduardo got two assists.

nuxxx wrote: »

Eduardo has done very well imo, and he has two assists, wages earned imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Paleface wrote: »
    Eduardo got two assists.

Fair enuff, i just dont rate him at all

• Advertisement

Yeah, Arshavin and Eduardo were more involved than I've seen in previous games. But there is a great long Fabregas pass for Arshavin a couple of minutes ago and Arshavin wasn't concentrating and it his heel and bounced off. Frustrating sometimes.

Advertisement