Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting gear tested?

• 17-01-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

Anyone any suggestions please as to how I could get my gear tested before Feb 20th?

I'm off on a liveaboard in Egypt then; I had the reg kit serviced by Poseidon last year but haven't used it since, and my BCD hasn't been used for a few years.

I'm not in a club here.

Oh, I'm in Waterford, but can travel!

Cheers

Andy.

(PADI Advanced/Nitrox qualified)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

to be honest if you got the regs serviced last year and havnt used them they should be grand . stick them on a cylinder and check them .

as for the bcd . connect it up and check that it stays inflateded and the all the dumps and buttons work .

when you have done both fill your bath and check both in it , bobs you uncle . no extra money spent and you enjoy your hol .

regs are good for 100 - 200 dives . they should get serviced as per manufacturers instructions but every senior diver around will tell ya thats just them covering their arse .

bcds have very little maintance , just do the checks and they be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

OK good advice, thanks. Any ideas on where I could borrow a cylinder?

Cheers

Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

deepends on where your based . :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scubakid

Wat sort of cylinder you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I'm nr Waterford.

Don't care what type cylinder, just one thats full of air! My kit has both connections. Just want to test it all out.

Cheers

Andy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement