Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEWBRIDGE TO IKEA --DRIVING TIME ---

Options
  • 17-01-2010 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey,

Does anyone know the driving time/distance from Newbridge to Ikea in Ballymun??just trying to see at what time shall I leave my place in the morning ...

Also is there a way to skip the flipping M50 toll??

thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Twould be very traffic dependant. I'd say leave an hour if you're travelling off-peak. I'd think about letting the traffic die down and head up around 0930 or so.

As for the toll, it's not that bad if you consider it saves you a load of time on roads in and around Dublin. If you really do want to save it you're talking about heading via Leixlip and Clonsilla - Google maps will help you there. I'd recommend just paying the toll, it's so much handier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

If your thinking of going tomorrow (Monday), it does not open until 11am. I'd leave Newbridge at 10:30, get there at 11:15 so as to avoid the small queue that is there at 11am.
    Don't go through the city, its not worth saving the toll money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FIAT 00

Well I got a job around there...so I will have to start at 0900-0930 but not sure of the time to leave my place ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Go as early as you can bear then to make sure you get there on time. If you have to travel through rush hour traffic on M50, allow plenty of extra time and bring a book - that way if you're much earlier than you expect you have something to read for the "early time."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FIAT 00

Thanks for the info guys..I will make sure I will leave my house at least an hour before hand ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Remember it can take an hour off peak so if you are going there for 9am during the week, you would need to leave an extra half an hour to account for
    1) getting through Newlands Cross
    2) getting from the Ballymun off ramp to wherever you are working - might be 5 minutes, might be 40 depending on factors like schools.

Better to be there half an hour earlier than late on your first day.

And if you are going to be on the M50 10 times a week, get a toll tag for your car so you only pay €2 per journey, instead of €3 with the phone payment system. www.Eflow.ie for details.

Advertisement