Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ken Kara Throw Guide

Options
  • 17-01-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Ok so I threw this together out of boredom. Nothing Special. I probably should have explained the actual execution of the Kara Throw more though. Tell me what you guys think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Anybody tries a kara throw on me thier eating floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I love Kara-throw.
    Can you do some other kara-vids?

How about Kara-focus~kara-throw? (this is a real technique, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah Kara focus (kara dash) then kara throw is lethal when used right. It's just a combination of two things really, kara focus and kara throw. Just need to be really precise. I'll see if I can get around to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Good stuff Ramza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I don't like Kara throws. I consider it a bug in the game.Which I hope will be fixed for SSFIV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Xluna wrote: »
    I don't like Kara throws. I consider it a bug in the game.Which I hope will be fixed for SSFIV.

I doubt it will be removed to be honest. It was in 3rd stike also. Although sagat's karas are a bit too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

You are aware that's how cancels came to be in the 1st place.......right?

It's not a glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, and take out option selects, and cancels, and low tech, and infinites in MVC2, and roll cancel in CVS2, and wavedashing in Tekken and Smash, and redizzy combos, and and and... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

animaX wrote: »
    Although sagat's karas are a bit too much!

Your not wrong, I got hit with a kara uppercut fadc ultra the other night from a blocked upball - half the bloody screen away. I knew it could be done but the first time I experienced it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Your not wrong, I got hit with a kara uppercut fadc ultra the other night from a blocked upball - half the bloody screen away. I knew it could be done but the first time I experienced it.

Cant he do that on hit too?

I know he can in the corner, I wasnt sure at full distance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Fair dues on getting the EventHubs article there, Ramza!

I love Hub's commenters. Always worth a laugh to scroll through em.
    "OLD OLD OLD WTF this is OLD. stupid acting like this is NEW"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

An example of the level of discourse that can be found at Eventscrubs:
    i dont use ken much but i think hes a cool character his kara throw can be a pain i think but as everyone is saying if ur sharp enough u can put a stop to him doing it .. but i do agree with some of the other guys on throwing does seem to be a lot easier in sf4 and ppl who just grab all game r rotten fighters its a all about combos and using strategies to out smart your opponnent never in any sf game has ppl grabed soo much so u need to ask why now .. also capcom did say grabbing was easier and it will be changed for ssf4 FACT.. so all u grabbers chill and start actually try and fight u monkeys

Lol yeah I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to reply to some of those ****ing idiots

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    Lol yeah I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to reply to some of those ****ing idiots

Don't.

They're either trolls who are simply posting to get a rise or idiots who will bring you down to their level arguing and then beat you with experience.

Either way, random people of the net who can't string a sentence together aren't worth the bother.

Either way, random people of the net who can't string a sentence together aren't worth the bother.

They are really funny though :D

My fav
    This vid really makes me like Ken even less. His Kara throw is one of the most annoying things in the game and if you don't think it put's you at a disadvantage when playing Ken up close it's probably because you main him and haven't had to deal with trying to defend it. The entire thrwoing system in SF is somewhat broken in my opinion. The game shouldn't about who can sneak in the most Kara throws and grabs. It should be about footsies, precise execution, mix ups, mind games, strategy etc. Ken's gay, and so is his Kara throw and if you don't think he's gay just wait until you see Ken's "Broke Back Mountain" costume in SSF4!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sagat06 wrote: »
    They are really funny though :D

My fav

LOL, try modding a few forums here and see if you still think they're funny. :)

That really is an awesome troll though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Karas were originally a glitch, like much of street fighter, however they were intentionally put in SFIV.

I'm not sure but Armour cancelling might be a genuine glitch.

It's popped up on Iplaywinner now. Note the lack of idiocy in the comments section. (OK, as I type this, there aren't any comments, but commenters on IPW generally seem to know what they're talking about.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Haha,some of those comments are really funny.

Excellent video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

:eek: I just signed into reddit and this was at the top of the front page!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Now dont let all this fame go to your head, Ramza.
    Now the real battle begins: convincing everyone you're not that American Ramza.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Does anyone know of any greasemonkey scripts that would make reddit look...less horrible?

Sairus wrote: »
    Now dont let all this fame go to your head, Ramza.
    Now the real battle begins: convincing everyone you're not that American Ramza.

It doesn't happen a lot tbh, but its still annoying

What is a ramza anyway?

/googles

You named yourself after an anime chick? :eek:
    :p

Actually kiki seems to be named after some cat looking thing from blazblue. How was it pronounced again Ki Ki? I've been pronouncing it kee-kee all this time. :o

Anyway I gave this a shot since now I've a stick and can try these things. I think I have it but I'll have to see if I can do it properly in a match.

I normally have my thumb hovering at the mk area on a stick and usually use thumb and index for throws and focus attacks.

Reckon using index and middle finger is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Taokaka!
    c5d7dd6a30e2616f10c5658b111d0553.jpg

"Kiki" is actually the Malagasy nickname my cousins gave me (and/or what happens when German kids can't pronounce "Ciarán"!)

On-topic: I kara-throw by using my RING finger on MK, index + thumb for throw o_O
    My fingers are WEIRD.

ah I see I see so I wasn't pronouncing it wrong all this time, thats grand so. I assumed that was the name of the character, got mixed up. taokaka is the character, KO.KiKi is yourself.

That's a crazy lookin character I must say. BlazBlue had some nice visuals alright when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Advertisement

PPC wrote: »

I already posted that, dood. Nine posts up.

As for Ramza - if that's the Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics - and I don't know of any others - then that's a guy. :pac:

Advertisement