Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your First Jersey?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

1985, my mother picked it up in London,

102956.jpg

had every kit, home and away from then to the mid 90s. We moved house about 10 years ago and they went in a decluttering frenzy. A bad move when you see the silly prices being charged for shirts from that era now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

3814376101_07104f49d4.jpg

Got this with Cantona 10 on the back.. I think it was about £50 in 1995 which was a bit of a pisser as i outgrew it in about 6 months!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Red Storm wrote: »
    3814376101_07104f49d4.jpg

Got this with Cantona 10 on the back.. I think it was about £50 in 1995 which was a bit of a pisser as i outgrew it in about 6 months!!

Which jersey did you post? I can't seem to see any pic.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Same for me...got the away one too.

Yup I had the white away one with the boomerang design on it. Nice jersey for the time actually.

keano_afc wrote: »

My first Arsenal jersey was this one:

Arsenal--90-Home.jpg
    was my first jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

not sure where it is at the mo, but it was the liverpool away jersey with the green and white checkered pattern, worn in the FA cup '96 in which we lost to a half volley from cantana for utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm a Forest supporter since i was 7 and my mum knew i supported a good team who wore red, so she decided to buy me the Arsenal 1991 home kit :rollyeyes: My aunt did even worse the following year when she got me the home Liverpool 'Candy' shirt.

So when i was in London in 93 it was left to me to buy the proper red shirt! Clough's last season in charge.

Notts-Forest-92-Home.gif

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

daithijjj wrote: »
    Cant remember which one i got first but twas a long time ago.....:)

l_8c736a42288ceb2e28b118115dd08cae.jpg
    Mannequins with breasts. Interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mannequins with breasts. Interesting...

for liverpool fans, its moobs...

Calm down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Think it was this one

arsekeeper.gif

Or maybe the home shirt from the same season, the one efb posted above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭crushproof

This classic jersey with my Communnion money wayyy back in 1995!
    Got it with Cantona on the back and must have worn it every day all summer :D

I was in such a pisser when I came back home one weekend only to discover my ma gave away all my old jerseys to charity!!!:mad:

!BS-FoRwBWk~$(KGrHgoOKjMEjlLmVUyGBKF+NTYnVg~~_12.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

crushproof wrote: »
    This classic jersey with my Communnion money wayyy back in 1995!
    Got it with Cantona on the back and must have worn it every day all summer :D

!BS-FoRwBWk~$(KGrHgoOKjMEjlLmVUyGBKF+NTYnVg~~_12.JPG

Like yourself, I used to adore Cantona and this was my first jersey (some here may be disturbed to learn I was a Man Utd fan in my youth. ), think I got it for my communion too. Almost everyone in me class was a United fan back then and I was among the first to get this so I wore it with pride. Still up there as my favourite all time jersey's tbh, used have a big history of United too, used to get a kick out of reading the names on the shirt and being able to place them.

I was very lucky, my Mam nearly did the same thing too but I caught her in the act. Sadly, when i grew to big for it my sister started borrowing my gear when she started the GAA and it pretty much tore to pieces (without me knowing for ages). Still I confiscated it back and have what's left of it in a drawer somewhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Leeds-90-HomeBlue-USE.gif

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭crushproof

Like yourself, I used to adore Cantona and this was my first jersey (some here may be disturbed to learn I was a Man Utd fan in my youth. ), think I got it for my communion too. Almost everyone in me class was a United fan back then and I was among the first to get this so I wore it with pride. Still up there as my favourite all time jersey's tbh, used have a big history of United too, used to get a kick out of reading the names on the shirt and being able to place them.

Hahaha I was exactly the same, I got the History of Man United book and always spent time sifting through the names on the jersey and looking them up!
    Fantastic jersey...although the last jersey I bought was the 1992 laced up home jersey, absolutely loved the jersey and managed to get one on Ebay for Christmas! Nice little pressie from me to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

efb wrote: »
    '95 Wright 8
    arsenal-home-football-shirt-1994-1996-s_2171_1.jpg

Did have the '90 Ireland jersey too...

This one, bought 1994, still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

m@cc@ wrote: »
    My first shirt, though the one below it is probably my favourite United away shirt of all time.

1.png

This was my first one too. Definitely my favourite Utd. jersey, the original 1892 Newton Heath colours for anyone that doesn't know!

Also had this one and bought the white one at Old Trafford with Cantona 7 on it. Haven't bought a jersey in years though, they are stupidly expensive.
    schmeichel_152231s.jpg96-97-Manchester-United-Away-shirt.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

this was mine... though i was about 2 years old when i got it...:o (and it wasn't the adults size...)

SqHSTYvJUMpiU0b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ireland white 1990 i think.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

1994-97_Cantona.jpg
    Cole on the back... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

First ever jersey I owned was the Euro 88 Irish jersey.

First ever Arsenal jersey I owned was the 94/95 jersey which the gf wears to all Arsenal matches now (if we're lucky enough to get tickets).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

This was my first proper shirt (until then they were deemed to expensive by my parents)

image-4-for-manchester-united-shirts-through-the-years-gallery-997489016.jpg

I still have it, although I somehow lost the black lace:(

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Has anyone any decent sites to pick up some of these shirts? I really want to get the yellow Liverpool shirt(crown paints)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Newcastle-95-Home.jpg

This for me, got the full kit when i was about 11/12 Missed out on the post promotion jersey cause "it was too expensive"! I see that story echoed a few times in this thread :-)

Still have it actually, gets a run out at 5 a side games the odd time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Classic love it or hate it kit was my first

arsenal-away-football-shirt-1990-1991-s_1475_1.jpg

A bit off-topic, but when I searched "Arsenal away jersey" on Google Images, the amount of jerseys that never existed is crazy, lot of jokers online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Newcastle away jersey from the 1995-1996 season was my first football jersey

I bloody loved and I can't find it anywhere :(

8602172753ce6086f9ef533a92740daf.jpg

Absolute beaut, one of the best jerseys of all time imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Image1.jpg

This was pretty much my first football kit, 1981 I think? Way before all ye young Fcuks were born.

Image1.jpg

This was pretty much my first football kit, 1981 I think? Way before all ye young Fcuks were born.

in my defence i was a late starter to football

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

IMG_1154.JPG

Seems mad, I used to love Man Utd up until very recent, now I absolutely hate the sight of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

first one for me too! given to me by my older sister! wore it for years cause they wouldnt buy me a new one! went through primary school the only liverpool supporter! while everyone got brand new man u kits

i had felt though!

1989LiverpoolAway.jpg

never baught a new one till i went to a game last year

jebidiah wrote: »
    first one for me too! given to me by my older sister! wore it for years cause they wouldnt buy me a new one! went through primary school the only liverpool supporter! while everyone got brand new man u kits

i had felt though!

1989LiverpoolAway.jpg

never baught a new one till i went to a game last year

+1

seen it for sale again when addidas starting being the kit sponsors again, really cool looking top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

IMG_1154.JPG

Seems mad, I used to love Man Utd up until very recent, now I absolutely hate the sight of them.

First jersey I got, loved it!

I loved the crispy feeling of the material. Never felt anything like it!

I must say though, some of those jerseys are a bloody eyesore and what's worse is some of ye think they are nice!! :eek:

Image1.jpg

Sheer class. if only they would remake them again. there's a few toffs versions, one of which from 1978 i have but that is just a beauty to behold.
    Newcastle away jersey from the 1995-1996 season was my first football jersey

I bloody loved and I can't find it anywhere :(

8602172753ce6086f9ef533a92740daf.jpg

EDIT: Philip Marriott on john devlin's true colours was discussing that very shirt recently and basically echoed your sentiments but he didnt rate the 97/98 away that much and i cant say i blame him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

flahavaj wrote: »
    Yup I had the white away one with the boomerang design on it. Nice jersey for the time actually.

Aye, a classic shirt. I wish the FAI would do a "Liverpool" and return to adidas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Aye, a classic shirt. I wish the FAI would do a "Liverpool" and return to adidas.

I love the adidas stuff, it sickens me that Liverpool have some of the nicest gear out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

This one

http://www.toffs.com/invt/1362&temp=enlarged&layout=empty

and only because the home one was too expensive.

Advertisement