Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a url link

Options
  • 17-01-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi,

How do I embed a link into text? For instance, I want to say something like 'See this and here', where 'this' and 'here' link to another url. At present I would have to list the entire url for people to see. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You need to highlight the "See this" and then click on the icon of the globe and the paperclip and then paste/type your link.

temp_delete.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

this[/ url]

Will come out as
    this Without the spaces in between the / and url

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

this[/ url]

Will come out as
    this Without the spaces in between the / and url

That worked perfectly; thanks so much! I wasn't able to embed my photos from Flickr into this thread for some reason, but that's probably for solving another day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Flickr is fine but I tend to use Photobucket for boards post as it's faster to get online. Photobucket generates the url with the IMG tags which saves a few seconds :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    That worked perfectly; thanks so much! I wasn't able to embed my photos from Flickr into this thread for some reason, but that's probably for solving another day.

Don't know where to pick up the url from flickr to embed a photo but you'll need to use the image tags with the url of your picture to embed the photo.

[noparse]wtf_hax.jpg[/noparse]

Gives you

wtf_hax.jpg

• Advertisement

Don't know where to pick up the url from flickr to embed a photo

That was exactly my problem too. I found out about the from another thread here but couldn't find the image details on Flickr to put it between the.

Ponster wrote: »
    Flickr is fine but I tend to use Photobucket for boards post as it's faster to get online. Photobucket generates the url with the IMG tags which saves a few seconds :)

Grrr. I've never, or else vaguely, heard of Photobucket, and just after I spent ages uploading to Flickr. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you right click on the Flickr photo and select Properties, it might have the actual .jpg extension that you need to put into the tags.

Ruu wrote: »
    If you right click on the Flickr photo and select Properties, it might have the actual .jpg extension that you need to put into the tags.

That was it precisely. Thanks a million! I love learning new stuff!

Advertisement