Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to go out in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Ok I'm finding it really hard lately to find anywhere half-decent to go on a night out in Dublin? Everywhere I used to go is now full of really really young people, and I'm not that old myself (only 22) but everywhere I used to frequent (Doyle's, The Oak, Whelans) is full of 18 year olds...or maybe even younger by the looks of things?
    I just want to find somewhere to go that plays good music and has a good crowd, preferably over the age of twenty?
    Anyone know anywhere good?
    Cheers,
    Lola :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Dolphin's Barn is a good place to go this time of year! Lots of things to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's a club down in old Soho

They serve champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Lola1987 wrote: »
    Ok I'm finding it really hard lately to find anywhere half-decent to go on a night out in Dublin? Everywhere I used to go is now full of really really young people, and I'm not that old myself (only 22) but everywhere I used to frequent (Doyle's, The Oak, Whelans) is full of 18 year olds...or maybe even younger by the looks of things?
    I just want to find somewhere to go that plays good music and has a good crowd, preferably over the age of twenty?
    Cheers,

The sub lounge next to Tara St DART station is a good spot, and all pints are only €3.40 all week :D. Messr Maguire's aint bad either, but for the love of God avoid that kip Q bar, it's even worse than when it was the Harp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lola1987

Dolphin's Barn is a good place to go this time of year! Lots of things to see!

Funny you should say that I was in Lowes last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Buskers is pretty good. Hardly any 18 year olds there last time I was in it

Karma is another good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dublin is over priced but if you feel the need to pay loads for a pint then The Gin Palace is quite nice. Good food too.

http://www.theginpalace.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

Lillies.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lola1987

Gin Palace doesn't really have a place to dance in it though does it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

The Gin Palace is such a let-down for a place with such a great name. For some reason I went in expecting gin soaked old tarts in boas sipping Charlie Chaplins and a French movie director puffing on a cigar. But it was just some English tourists and a group of scumbags being loud.

OP, I'd recommend The South William, maybe the Bernard Shaw as well, if you know it. I like the sub but I've never been there when they had music and I gather the cheap pints are only Mon-Fri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Faithless

Dublin has a crap nightlife scene.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Dubs wrote: »

Just drunken English stag parties and clusters of loud American tourists.

Was in Buskers once. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Lola1987 wrote: »
    Cheers,

You'll have to be a bit more specific. What music do you like, what do you want from a night out?

For happy silly dancing: Rí Rá/The Globe, or Síbín Chic, Spy
    For general chart stuff: Everywhere is quite shite and full of 14 year olds
    For dance: Twisted Pepper, Spy/Wax, The Button Factory, Andrew's Lane Theatre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Dubs wrote: »

Karma is another good one

True, I was in there before and I didn't see anyone my age, just went in because it looked good. I'd say the average age was early - mid twenties.

Advertisement