Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a condenser

Options
  • 17-01-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey guys, I am in a five piece covers band and we are looking to buy a compressor. I Have been looking at the BEHRINGER MDX4600 MULTICOM PRO-XL. It costs 125 euro on thomann. I was wondering if anyone has ever used one and if its any good or alternatively if you could recommend a good one! Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

sixshot87 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am in a five piece covers band and we are looking to buy a condenser. I Have been looking at the BEHRINGER MDX4600 MULTICOM PRO-XL. It costs 125 euro on thomann. I was wondering if anyone has ever used one and if its any good or alternatively if you could recommend a good one! Any help is appreciated.

A compressor you mean ? Best post in the main forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

sixshot87 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am in a five piece covers band and we are looking to buy a condenser. I Have been looking at the BEHRINGER MDX4600 MULTICOM PRO-XL. It costs 125 euro on thomann. I was wondering if anyone has ever used one and if its any good or alternatively if you could recommend a good one! Any help is appreciated.
    A Condenser is a type of microphone. That thing you link to is a Compressor, how good only your ears can decide.

Behringer V The World is a debate that has been done to death. Google it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sixshot87

Apologies, yes, I did mean a compressor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

What is it you want to control the dynamics of?

The 2600 is probably easier to use. If it's for live use, set it to limiter rather than compressor, and bypass all the other stuff.

Advertisement