Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E63 - Set-up Help

Options
  • 17-01-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Ok, so the better half got me an E63 as a pressie.

Just trying to get it set-up, and am struggling to get my hotmail account work? Every time I try email set-up I get a message saying its added as a bookmark or something??

Any tips welcome?

Also, its with Vodafone, how do I check/update the software version.

I am sure I will have more questions.

Eddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Ok, think I sorted the hotmail issue, with help from here:

http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2009/03/how-to-setup-hotmail-on-the-newer-eseries.html

Input still needed on the software update.

Eddie

Also when I connect to hotmail I get a message to accept a cert, each time, and can only do it once. Any way to accept for good or to switch off?

Ok, cert issue resolved, had year as 2009 and not 2010. :o

When I try to send a email from my hotmail account it shows queued? I am using my Eircom WLAN access point at home.

Incoming Mail Server: pop3.live.com
    Security: SSL/TLS
    Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.live.com
    Security: SSL/TLS
    Port Number: 25

I tried changing the Outgoing Mail Server to: mail1.eircom.net, but still no joy, any ideas?

If I view it in the outbox, and hit send, it says connecting to mailbox, but never sends.

Guidance welcome....

Anyone any suggestions? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try connecting using a network connection from your phone rather than the wlan.

• Advertisement

Hi Davy,

Thanks for replying. I am new to using email on a phone, so bear with me.

When you say network connection do you mean vodafone's mail server or ? If I use that will I get charged or not? I am pay as you go, not bill pay.

I can download emails no bother, although I have to connect each time when I got into my inbox, just sending seems to get stuck.

Thanks,
    Eddie

Ye, i meant connect using vodafone isp. It will cost you a little, but only 19c a MB.

So I can download messages via WLAN no problem now, just not send them. Is there no way of getting this to work via WIFI?

So whats the vodafone mail server? I should just replace smtp.live.com with their address for outgoing or a complete reconfiguration.

Also, with email on a phone, when I delete a message should it also delete from the mail account? Or does it just allow you to download and view?

It can work with wlan but i just wanted to check the settings.

Have you tried using the nokia email app? rather then pop thru the messaging menu?

http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action

Davy wrote: »
    It can work with wlan but i just wanted to check the settings.

Have you tried using the nokia email app? rather then pop thru the messaging menu?

http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action

Hi Davy,

Downloaded the above and that worked now with WLAN and hotmail. Thanks !

If I want to access my outllook email from work, do I just use the same process or something else?

Thanks again,
    Eddie

• Advertisement

Can you access your work email from home online thru access?
    You can use an app called mail for exchange: http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/bc_product.php?pid=1619&cid=001000000000000003b1&f=0&s=Mail%20For%20Exchange

The only way you could use the other nokia app with the work email, is if you forward the emails thru to your hotmail yahoo account etc.

Davy wrote: »
    Can you access your work email from home online thru access?
    You can use an app called mail for exchange: http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/bc_product.php?pid=1619&cid=001000000000000003b1&f=0&s=Mail%20For%20Exchange

The only way you could use the other nokia app with the work email, is if you forward the emails thru to your hotmail yahoo account etc.

Hi Davy,

Thanks again. I usually access my work email (outlook 2007/exchange) via work laptop. I access via VPN or just via laptop connected to internet using MS exchange via HTTP proxy, which is configured on my outlook account. I think there is also a outlook via the web option.

I have installed and tried the mail for exhange but can't seem to get a connection. I also tried via an IMAP Proxy as I think that should work but no luck either.

More digging I guess......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hi All,

Hope I am not hijacking this thread. Just looking for some help. A workmate has mail for exchange set up on his E63 phone so he can access his work email. However once he receives and reads an email it disappears. Anyone know how to stop this? Ideally he would like to see him inbox of his email too.

Thanks

Advertisement