Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood / Loughlinstown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are there many undesirables etc,
    Would you prefer rich undesirables or poor undesirables. The general area is mixed with some quiet estates and some not so quiet estates.
    The main draw for me is it is going to be near the Luas when its finished,
    While it may be useful for getting to Sandyford, the jury is still out as to whether it will be useful for getting to the city. Its due to open later this year, upsets aside. The N11 QBC is also useful.
    I have been mainly looking in Lucan seeing as the Luas will be out there in a few years
    It may be more than a few years, although there is the railway and the N4 QBC as a back-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bradshawfella

Thanks Victor. When you say the Luas may not be any use for getting to the city what exactly do you mean? As far as I was aware it is linking up with the current green line to Stephens green. Are you just making reference to the fact that it will likely be very congested on the trams themselves?

I don't discriminate when it comes to undesirables be they rich or poor, what can I say, I'm a nice guy :)

Hopefully I'll have a viewing on a couple of properties in the area this week. If anyone has any opinions of the particular estate that the above property is located in that would be great. Would I have any rough areas to walk through to get to the Luas or say from the nearest nitelink stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It may be quicker to get the 145 on the N11 rather than having to allow the Luas wind its way through south county Dublin.

from the estate, you would need to cross the bridge over the N11 - you can then see the viaduct that carriers the Luas in front of you.

While you might get a seat going to the city, it might be difficult coming back. There is a risk of crowding.

Advertisement