Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending teabags to Oz

Options
  • 17-01-2010 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

One of my friends, living in Australia at moment, keeps asking me to send over a box of Lyons teabags to him.....just wondering is there any quarantine rules on teabags, I know aus is strict on foods (couldnt find anything on the website!)
    Will I be ok sending them over? or should I just tell him to p***off and survive on australian tea:p:p:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

send them over, my parents still do with chocolate, sometimes they open the package to examine it, but it always comes through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

hussey wrote: »
    send them over, my parents still do with chocolate, sometimes they open the package to examine it, but it always comes through

+1 we get great big bags of pratts tea every month, always opened , always passed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Great, thanks for the responses:D

So would i be best keeping the teabags in their original box?
    I suppose I'm thinking it would be easier to pack them into the parcel if they were in a plastic bag or something?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

spudz21 wrote: »
    Great, thanks for the responses:D

So would i be best keeping the teabags in their original box?
    I suppose I'm thinking it would be easier to pack them into the parcel if they were in a plastic bag or something?!

leave them in the box, quarantine will want to identify the ingredients and place of origin. i've had taytos, teabags and cadbury stuff sent over before and it was always checked (i guess the tatyo foil wrapper looks dodgy in an x-ray) but they all get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

spudz21 wrote: »
    One of my friends, living in Australia at moment, keeps asking me to send over a box of Lyons teabags to him.....just wondering is there any quarantine rules on teabags, I know aus is strict on foods (couldnt find anything on the website!)
    Will I be ok sending them over? or should I just tell him to p***off and survive on australian tea:p:p:p

You first problem is with the tea itself. If you send your friend a box of Barrys you should have no problem. They have rather draconian 'taste' laws here :)

You should have no problem send the box over. They'll open the package and see another Paddy longing for a taste of home. Though it might be cheaper to buy on online and have it delivered. Or better still your Aus based mate could order online himself.

j

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Nothing like getting stuff from home

but if based in sydney theses guys are good
    http://www.tasteireland.com.au/
    can drop out and pick stuff up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

hussey wrote: »
    Nothing like getting stuff from home

but if based in sydney theses guys are good
    http://www.tasteireland.com.au/
    can drop out and pick stuff up

+1

Easty runs a pretty good service, Probably more cost effective to buy from TOI than to get someone to buy back home and post it out.

My local corner shop in Croydon used to stock an entire aisle of TOI stuff, they used to charge a bit more on top for the conveyance factor but it was only 50m from my house and we would only really buy stuff like tea bags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

mandrake04 wrote: »
    +1

Easty runs a pretty good service, Probably more cost effective to buy from TOI than to get someone to buy back home and post it out.

My local corner shop in Croydon used to stock an entire aisle of TOI stuff, they used to charge a bit more on top for the conveyance factor but it was only 50m from my house and we would only really buy stuff like tea bags.

:) You have made my day. Just went on the website there and they are selling a box of choc biscuits for $29, feck it i might treat myself to a ould choc kimberley, now how can i rationlise spending the $29 :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

:) You have made my day. Just went on the website there and they are selling a box of choc biscuits for $29, feck it i might treat myself to a ould choc kimberley, now how can i rationlise spending the $29 :D.

You wear that name perfectly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

$29 :eek: For a Packet of Feckin Biscuits :eek:

are you Madser McMadeen The Maddest man in Madtown County Madness???

Seriously like man try TimTams ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

$29 :eek: For a Packet of Feckin Biscuits :eek:

are you Madser McMadeen The Maddest man in Madtown County Madness???

Seriously like man try TimTams ;)

Its the 1kg box of choc kimberleys, i dunno its mad alright but i do like the ould choc kimberleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

Its the 1kg box of choc kimberleys, i dunno its mad alright but i do like the ould choc kimberleys.

They tasted a bit different(more sweety sugary) when I had some over xmas, hope they haven't alterred the recipe.
    Those taste of home from home sites must make a handy profit from expats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Well teabags sent!:D fingers crossed!

Advertisement