Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAG Week Predictions/Info/Hopes

• 17-01-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

In relation to cian1500ww's post in gen. discussion...

What are we hoping for for RAG Week this year?

Anyone have any sneaky-info about whats happening?

Any predictions??

I'm gonna say....
    Inflatables on Monday + usual 3 euro drinks = vomity SU
    Once-popular boy/girl-band minus some members on Tuesday
    Culchie band on Wednesday
    Headphone disco

Taking all bets now:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

So basically a repeat of freshers'? Very original...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

With the added advantage of a larger alcohol tolerance:p
    Those are only my predictions mind..who knows, we might get a leg wax thrown in for good measure:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Duddy wrote: »
    who knows, we might get a leg wax thrown in for good measure:rolleyes:

Ah yes, the charity leg wax...

We should take bets on which 90s pop group Maynooth will have the pleasure of hosting this year. I'm going for 5ive, with maybe two or three of the lineup :D That would be slightly ironic lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

When is rag week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anything but washed up pop groups PLEASE !!!
    Wouldn't mind the Saw Doctors though, Galway always get 'em :D

• Advertisement

Wendero wrote: »
    When is rag week?
    1st - 5th of March :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Hm... are there any lectures that week?

Wendero wrote: »
    Hm... are there any lectures that week?
    Yes, that's normally when the most exam hints and exam essential material is covered, wa*k*rs :rolleyes:

There's still lectures, labs, tutorials etc on rag week. There doesn't tend to be too high of a turnout though :pac:

lolz, didn't see your post Cian :D they do tend to give out exam hints that week, which is quite annoying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Don't think there's ever been 3 Euro drinks on Monday. They usually leave it until Tuesday so they'll make more money on the Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Beerye

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Yes, that's normally when the most exam hints and exam essential material is covered, wa*k*rs :rolleyes:

You just need a rotation policy, with the most sober member of the group going to lectures and taking down stuff for everyone. :D

Beerye wrote: »
    You just need a rotation policy, with the most sober member of the group going to lectures and taking down stuff for everyone. :D
    Lol, I'll forget to do that until rag week and then I'll be too drunk/hangover to do it :o
    Would make sense though :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rag week predictions for myself: Mostly drunk with a chance of horny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

irish_goat wrote: »
    Mostly drunk with a chance of horny.

goats tend to be...

drunk that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SnowAngel29

Dunno if there's any truth in it- but I heard we're only getting a RAG day- but with an awesome band line up? :D

God so many people would be sickened...

Actually screw that I'd be sickened, it lessens the chances of me getting hints from the lecturers that week:rolleyes:

AFAIK tho, the SU Pres said RAG Week was going ahead (at UC in December).

God, can you imagine the uproar there would be if they put on RAG Day instead of RAG Week? It'll never happen, I'm sure the SU likes a bitta ragging as much as the rest of us :D

/waits for this post to come back and haunt me when it now inevitably happens cuz I said it wouldn't

ITS BEEN CONFIRMED!!! ONLY A RAG DAY!!!

/JK
    :p

ITS BEEN CONFIRMED!!! ONLY A RAG DAY!!!

/JK
    :p
    Don't do that :mad: I almost had heart failure :P

If they do only have a RAG day I'll boycott it, we need a week after we get the results for these exams :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've heard from a few people now that The Wombats are playing during Rag Week on a specially built stage out on the rugby pitch. Would probably be a like a mini Oxegen and that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I'd rather a few Irish bands and acts like Fight Like Apes, Super Extra Bonus Party, Japanese Popstars or even a larger one or two like Damo Dempsey and comedians like David O' Doherty (we can have him again, he is that good) etc. than a load of CRAP reformed pop bands.

Still, this opens the floodgates of that great debate...

"what do most people want?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll!

Oh, and a bit of alcohol too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

There's wanting something and then there's being able to afford something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SnowAngel29

cian1500ww wrote: »
    we need a week after we get the results for these exams :(

Please don't say that!! hahah!! mind u i am on here instead of learning the riviting Irish poetry and page turner of a geo book!! Bleh!

I'm well up for the mini Oxegen!! Be so much fun!! Set up a few tents in the garden- get the rea feel for it!! We'll make a RAG week of it anyways I'm sure ! :)

mini-oxegen would start off awesome, and descend rapidly into chaos... I'd be surprised if they be allowed do it by the Health and Safety guys, they're apparently stricter than most...

I'm well up for the mini Oxegen!! Be so much fun!! Set up a few tents in the garden- get the rea feel for it!! We'll make a RAG week of it anyways I'm sure ! :)
    That's the spirit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I heard too that it's meant to be a mini festival thing and that they're working on cancelling lectures just for that day and trying to get loads of bands which to me sounds awesome. Plus if it is at the start of March, don't know how much enjoyment will be squeezed out of it from my end considering my thesis is due in on March 5 :(

I heard too that it's meant to be a mini festival thing and that they're working on cancelling lectures just for that day and trying to get loads of bands which to me sounds awesome. Plus if it is at the start of March, don't know how much enjoyment will be squeezed out of it from my end considering my thesis is due in on March 5 :(
    Please tell me it's only PART of rag week ?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

They can say its only one day if they want, i reckon most students will make it a week anyway (I know i will).
    Be a good opportunity for Mantra or the likes to sweep in and take up the rest of the days of the week with an unofficial rag week.

• Advertisement

I heard too that it's meant to be a mini festival thing and that they're working on cancelling lectures just for that day and trying to get loads of bands which to me sounds awesome.

That would be immense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Yep, I've heard the same thing from a pretty reliable source. A mini festival-type event that is running for one day, but with quite a decent line-up in terms of bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

There's a mystery tour being organised on the Tuesday.
    Not sure if its an SU organised thing though, leaving at three pm and back after 3am. Could be good craic.
    Tickets aren't on sale yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm still holding out for 5ive. *Fingers crossed*

God, just remembered Xmas day, I may have drunkenly told Jeff Greene he was a crap ents officer and he let me down. Poor Jeff!

What's the charity this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I'm still holding out for 5ive. *

Three members of 5ive played in Time nighclub in Naas about a month ago, so I'd say they have moved in with their extensive world tour by now.

Hehehe, 5ive world tour...

Every now and then one or two of them play the Dandellion I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I'd rather a few Irish bands and acts like Fight Like Apes, Super Extra Bonus Party, Japanese Popstars or even a larger one or two like Damo Dempsey and comedians like David O' Doherty

I seen fight like apes in the su last year, free in and 3 euro drinks, and was still half empty! Great band though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

The mystery tour is unofficial, and the charity is the Little Way Cancer Support Centre in Clane.

Word on the street is that the tents from Oxegen are being got in and Lily Allen is booked.

We're going to play the Freshers week game again aren't we? I CALL BRITTANY MURPHY as special guest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

From what I hear, it sounds like it's actually gonna be pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

If that mini concert goes ahead you know how it will turn out. The SU will hype it up big time, everyone will get optimistic that maybe they will attract some big names. Then the eventual dissappointment when it turns out the main band are a 5ive tribute act.
    But on the plus side most people should be so drunk that they do not care who turns up to play.

I presume everyone's seen the notice on the SU's facebook page, they're not letting much go yet though !!
    19840_1351224543290_1311661359_998883_1886409_n.jpg

OMFG!! The SU have hired a BLIMP for Rag week!!!!!!111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Look Smithers, Gawthering is coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Highlander.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tim_the_conman

Mini festival sounds pretty epic, esp since the whole college will just take the rest of Rag week anyway... i've got my money on the Saw doctors, make my year!!

i've got my money on the Saw doctors, make my year!!

That's some uber-safe money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Saw doctors = major cringe

Saw Doctors = major possibility:rolleyes:

Saw Doctors = major possibility:rolleyes:

saw doctors = every year for the last forever!

• Advertisement
Advertisement