Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG Week Predictions/Info/Hopes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I heard too that it's meant to be a mini festival thing and that they're working on cancelling lectures just for that day and trying to get loads of bands which to me sounds awesome. Plus if it is at the start of March, don't know how much enjoyment will be squeezed out of it from my end considering my thesis is due in on March 5 :(

Yep, I've heard the same thing from a pretty reliable source. A mini festival-type event that is running for one day, but with quite a decent line-up in terms of bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

There's a mystery tour being organised on the Tuesday.
    Not sure if its an SU organised thing though, leaving at three pm and back after 3am. Could be good craic.
    Tickets aren't on sale yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm still holding out for 5ive. *Fingers crossed*

God, just remembered Xmas day, I may have drunkenly told Jeff Greene he was a crap ents officer and he let me down. Poor Jeff!

What's the charity this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I'm still holding out for 5ive. *

Three members of 5ive played in Time nighclub in Naas about a month ago, so I'd say they have moved in with their extensive world tour by now.

Hehehe, 5ive world tour...

Every now and then one or two of them play the Dandellion I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I'd rather a few Irish bands and acts like Fight Like Apes, Super Extra Bonus Party, Japanese Popstars or even a larger one or two like Damo Dempsey and comedians like David O' Doherty

I seen fight like apes in the su last year, free in and 3 euro drinks, and was still half empty! Great band though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

The mystery tour is unofficial, and the charity is the Little Way Cancer Support Centre in Clane.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Word on the street is that the tents from Oxegen are being got in and Lily Allen is booked.

We're going to play the Freshers week game again aren't we? I CALL BRITTANY MURPHY as special guest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

From what I hear, it sounds like it's actually gonna be pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

If that mini concert goes ahead you know how it will turn out. The SU will hype it up big time, everyone will get optimistic that maybe they will attract some big names. Then the eventual dissappointment when it turns out the main band are a 5ive tribute act.
    But on the plus side most people should be so drunk that they do not care who turns up to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I presume everyone's seen the notice on the SU's facebook page, they're not letting much go yet though !!
    19840_1351224543290_1311661359_998883_1886409_n.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

OMFG!! The SU have hired a BLIMP for Rag week!!!!!!111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Look Smithers, Gawthering is coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Highlander.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tim_the_conman

Mini festival sounds pretty epic, esp since the whole college will just take the rest of Rag week anyway... i've got my money on the Saw doctors, make my year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

i've got my money on the Saw doctors, make my year!!

That's some uber-safe money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Saw doctors = major cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Saw Doctors = major possibility:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Duddy wrote: »
    Saw Doctors = major possibility:rolleyes:

saw doctors = every year for the last forever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I do hope that there is a mini festival thing going ahead. However, I can't see it being okay with the college. Like, if there's events on the pitch then there's gonna be the risk of people drinking on the pitches. Fngers crossed that this goes ahead and we can say goodbye to the days of cheesy pop acts and actually get somebody decent playing for even just one day!

Are there any realistic predictions? Like smallish but "buzz" bands that would be on tour around the same time as rag week... I'm trying to think of some now. Either way, rag week is always a bit of fun anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tim_the_conman

useded wrote: »
    Are there any realistic predictions? Like smallish but "buzz" bands that would be on tour around the same time as rag week...

Fight like Apes?

Saw Doctors would be epic :D

Epic like an anti-fox

WTF is an anti-fox ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Rock Soc should try plan a gig for rag week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 abandinhope

useded wrote: »
    Are there any realistic predictions? Like smallish but "buzz" bands that would be on tour around the same time as rag week...

CODES?

cian1500ww wrote: »
    WTF is an anti-fox ??

Educate yourself by watching the first 10 seasons of the Simpsons at least 30 times each and come back to me and I won't mock you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 doesntwatchtv

SU types say there's a launch for The Gathering when college starts back so that should be interesting

• Advertisement

WTF is The Gathering?

Advertisement