Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG Week Predictions/Info/Hopes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 doesntwatchtv

No one's told us yet. It's probably just the new name for RAG Week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tim_the_conman

Jeff green has done a good job this year, no reason he's gonna let us down

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bubblesburst90

Word on the street is Bell x1 is coming.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Word on the street is Bell x1 is coming.....

That would be class but I imagine your username will live up it's meaning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

irish_goat wrote: »
    That would be class but I imagine your username will live up it's meaning...

I dunno, I understand it's going to be pretty amazing. Lily Allen sounds right. Bell X1 is new on me, but I wouldn't be surprised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anything would be better than washed up pop groups :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

I enjoyed S Club 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bubblesburst90

Lets try remain positive guys....if all else fails we can just spend our days in the roost! It never fails!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Rozabeez wrote: »
    WTF is The Gathering?

There can be only one.

Clearly, OBVIOUSLY, it's Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery. They're coming to launch a swordfighting in kilts contest.

I hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Remember everyone, and this is really important (the dude's immortal and wields a really large sword), he pronouces it Lam-berr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Hate that method of advertising, the one where they dont tell you what its about, so of course everyones like oooh whats that bet its the most awesome thing in the world:eek: such a mystery oooh.
    Then it turns out to be ****.

its like that company with the weird name that had big billboards all over town saying, in black impact font on white bckground,
    "[COMPANY NAME]. GOOGLE IT."

Bastards.

Gets right on my tits it does.

You know it'll be poxy, it's Maynooth ffs, not bennicassim, who the **** who's good wants to play here? No one. Bell X1 are cock now, hence why I'm sure they'd consider it. Damien Rice will probably crawl out of his crack den to whine on too. Paddy Casey to rhyme "car" and "bar" with "jar" anyone?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You know it'll be poxy, it's Maynooth ffs, not bennicassim, who the **** who's good wants to play here? No one. Bell X1 are cock now, hence why I'm sure they'd consider it. Damien Rice will probably crawl out of his crack den to whine on too. Paddy Casey to rhyme "car" and "bar" with "jar" anyone?
    Any band will play Maynooth if they cough up the money, you could get U2 to play at your birthday party if you paid 'em enough.

Also we have no money.

Also we have no money.
    Then we shall have some mean ass karaoke :eek::(

Any band will play Maynooth if they cough up the money
    Maynooth is always treated like the dublin colleges' embarassing nerd cousin, getting anyone halfway decent is a major achievement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Maynooth is always treated like the dublin colleges' embarassing nerd cousin, getting anyone halfway decent is a major achievement
    Yeah but who really cares? Let them get Tinchy whoever the **** or Calvin Harris, it doesn't matter who we get in Maynooth, the craic will still be better!

True that!

EDIT:
    Duke Special, what a legend! :P

A text just came out from the Union.

Announced acts so far: Sidney Samson, The Coronas, Mundy, The Japanese Popstars, Duke Special, Mick Flannery.

Oxygen bar, fun fair and food stalls and silent disco too. It's looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Just got text from SU
    "maynooths 1st music festival"the gathering"mar 3rd: sidney samson, the coronas, mundy, japanese popstars, duke special, mick flannery and more acts to be announced - funfair/oxygen bar, food stalls, silent olympic disco, wii tent and all this right on your doorstep, get your wellies on"

• Advertisement

Brilliant lineup, kudos to them if they all turn up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Laaaaaaame lineup

I'm just glad there's no cheese this year. Last year was a sham

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Duke Special. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

JAPANESE POPSTARS :) and an oxegen bar.. i'll need alot of "oxegen" for popstars

Pure and utter cock. Is there a worse band in the country than the Coronas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

They played my grand night. ahh the blurry memories :)

Pure and utter cock. Is there a worse band in the country than the Coronas?

B*Witched who played here, The Sawdoctors who played here, Aslan who played here, Camembert Quartet who played here.....

Sure they're not great, but they're better that what we're used to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Daaaamn....hospital appt. the day of the gathering!

• Advertisement

B*Witched who played here, The Sawdoctors who played here, Aslan who played here, Camembert Quartet who played here.....

Sure they're not great, but they're better that what we're used to

I wouldn't count any of them as bands though bar Aslan. And they're just in a seperate category of scumbag related crapness.

Advertisement