Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatso Van around town??

Options
  • 17-01-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know have we a Gatso Van lurking around the city??
    I saw a white transit parked up on the dock road there where the postboxes are and it had a huge flash and a couple of lenses looking out the back window and nobody sitting in the front! Defo looked like a gatso to me but I've heard from a few people there isn't one in town! Anybody know for sure?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Might catch some crap drivers hopfully

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Might catch some crap drivers hopfully

How can a gatso van catch a crap driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Yes there is a Gatso van around Limerick on a regular basis in fact I saw it in the past hour, so just drive within the limits and you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭lir6777

Yes I saw it on the Dock Road after 4.15 sometime, anyone know if it was there earlier than that? Can't figure out if I'd already passed it once without noticing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Shades ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is definitely one in the city. One was parked before the fork in the road for the M7 at the Maldron roundabout, caught people as you came round bend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

lir6777 wrote: »
    Yes I saw it on the Dock Road after 4.15 sometime, anyone know if it was there earlier than that? Can't figure out if I'd already passed it once without noticing

Not sure I passed around that time aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

There is also a white Citroen Berlingo equipped with one. Stay within the limits and you will be fine, don't and you'll receive a fine, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

jmccoy wrote: »
    There is also a white Citroen Berlingo equipped with one. Stay within the limits and you will be fine, don't and you'll receive a fine, eventually.

I saw that yesterday in town. Didn't think it was a Gatso though. Hard to sit up straight in the back of that. It did have a swirling vent thing on the top of it though. As berlingo's go it was fairly easy to spot, with aerials and strobe lights all over the thing and two Garda's in High Viz jackets.

The reason I didn't think it was a Gatso was the fact they were parked at the Cornmarket Multistorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

There's a thread here with plenty of detail on the topic of Gatso Vans in Limerick.

- Coincidentally I had forgotten all about this until I spotted what I think may have been the Ford Transit Gatso just before the Tipperary Rd. exit heading Northbound towards Finnegans only this morning.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

It was parked outside the Esso service station at Larkin's cross Parteen for a full week before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Raiser wrote: »
    There's a thread here with plenty of detail on the topic of Gatso Vans in Limerick.

- Coincidentally I had forgotten all about this until I spotted what I think may have been the Ford Transit Gatso just before the Tipperary Rd. exit heading Northbound towards Finnegans only this morning.....
    saw this this afternoon, no sign of lens or anything similar, also I think they usually have a reflective strip on back, not on this one. van looks a bit battered, id say its just broken down.

zuroph wrote: »
    saw this this afternoon, no sign of lens or anything similar, also I think they usually have a reflective strip on back, not on this one. van looks a bit battered, id say its just broken down.

Van is 2009 and is leased from Leaseplan in Dublin like all of their most recent additions. It is kept in very good nick because everything is paid for by Leaseplan much like company cars.

The van has this on the back door/window.

11971484551794044476earlyswerver_UK_Speed_Camera_Sign.svg.med.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Not the one I saw! The one that was on the dock road was a 08 and had no sign on the back, just 2 (i think) lenses looking out the back and a huge flash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Berty wrote: »
    I saw that yesterday in town. Didn't think it was a Gatso though. Hard to sit up straight in the back of that. It did have a swirling vent thing on the top of it though. As berlingo's go it was fairly easy to spot, with aerials and strobe lights all over the thing and two Garda's in High Viz jackets.

The reason I didn't think it was a Gatso was the fact they were parked at the Cornmarket Multistorey.

The Berlingo I'm refering to is unmarked, what you saw was a dog unit.

jmccoy wrote: »
    The Berlingo I'm refering to is unmarked, what you saw was a dog unit.

It was unmarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭lir6777

alan1990 wrote: »
    Not the one I saw! The one that was on the dock road was a 08 and had no sign on the back, just 2 (i think) lenses looking out the back and a huge flash!

This is the one I saw and I could see small flashing lights as I drove past. It was there at 4.15 and still there at 5.10 when I passed back. Couldn't see much inside but definitely thought it was a camera lens I saw

Advertisement