Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Budget PC for gaming <€650

Options
  • 17-01-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

<EDIT> hit the wrong button, figure is €650

Finally got the money, been needing to do this for a while, my old PC finally gave out after many many problems, need to buy pretty much a whole new PC, looking for an i5, would prefer a 750 just for future-proofing, should I wait till they shrink or buy now? I have a small hard drive still (half) working from my old PC, and I have a new 5770 I've been dying to use :p I also don't really wanna spend to much for Windows 7, still have an RC key and 32-bit disc but I wanna go 64-bit, will I need to find a torrent for that and use the same key? Or will I have to spend on the full 64-bit version?

Anyway list of stuff I need;
    HDD - preferably 1/1.5 TB and 7200RPM
    Case - looks don't matter, smaller is better
    CPU - i5?
    CPU HS- something quiet enough, with cooling enough for OCing
    Mobo - something with easy enough OCing, P55>H55
    RAM - 4GB at least, 1333 or 1600 MHz
    PSU - whatever'll power everything with enough room for OCing
    I have a GPU and DVD +/-RW drive

I know it's an ambitious build for the price, fingers crossed ye can help :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

mp5sd5 wrote: »
    Finally got the money, been needing to do this for a while, my old PC finally gave out after many many problems, need to buy pretty much a whole new PC, looking for an i5, would prefer a 750 just for future-proofing, should I wait till they shrink or buy now? I have a small hard drive still (half) working from my old PC, and I have a new 5770 I've been dying to use :p I also don't really wanna spend to much for Windows 7, still have an RC key and 32-bit disc but I wanna go 64-bit, will I need to find a torrent for that and use the same key? Or will I have to spend on the full 64-bit version?

Anyway list of stuff I need;
    HDD - preferably 1/1.5 TB and 7200RPM
    Case - looks don't matter, smaller is better
    CPU - i5?
    CPU HS- something quiet enough, with cooling enough for OCing
    Mobo - something with easy enough OCing, P55>H55
    RAM - 4GB at least, 1333 or 1600 MHz
    PSU - whatever'll power everything with enough room for OCing
    I have a GPU and DVD +/-RW drive

I know it's an ambitious build for the price, fingers crossed ye can help :D
    For €550 unless you go dirt cheap on pretty much everything you won't get an i5 in there, you'll have to make do with an i3.

This is around €550 and there's no aftermarket cooler, you just can't get all you want in €550, if someone does I'll be impressed!
    Untitled-31.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

For €550 unless you go dirt cheap on pretty much everything you won't get an i5 in there, you'll have to make do with an i3.

This is around €550 and there's no aftermarket cooler, you just can't get all you want in €550, if someone does I'll be impressed!
    He already says he has a 32bit key. He just needs the 64bit disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mp5sd5

Sorry hit the wrong number, meant €650 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Well you'll have to download Windows 7 then. But what will you do when the RC runs out in June I think it is.

This comes to about €640. Mobo has 6GBs sata and 2 USB 3.0 for a little bit of future proofing too. I always liked that mobo.
    Untitled-32.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Well you'll have to download Windows 7 then. But what will you do when the RC runs out in June I think it is.

AFAIK it becomes semi-unusable from the beginning of March. System will hang or shut down every 1-2 hours until you buy a retail copy. It'll self-destruct completely on June 1st IIRC.

• Advertisement

mp5sd5 wrote: »
    hit the wrong button, figure is €650

Fixed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mp5sd5

Thanks for the fix.
    Yeah I was hoping I'd be able to get that mobo actually :D In regards Windows I can save up for the full W7 in March making do with the RC until then, can't really afford a full OS right now, could I buy an Upgrade Version and install that over the RC?

~€80 for an OEM version - handy if you're not replacing the mobo anytime soon ;)

And no, you can't install anything over the RC, you're supposed to do a fresh install once you have a paid license :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Tried to keep it similar to what has been posted. This has better ram, and a ** edit, just noticed you had a DVD drive so I added a cooler.

€638.13 inc VAT

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.aspx?mode=receive&si=753698&su=9F73E330-DEC3-4DA2-A6F4-2E1717FF6343

103219.png

Advertisement