Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 year provisional

• 17-01-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I searched for a topic like this but failed to find it , my problem is very simple . I got my driving licence (provisional) almost 2 years ago, but I haven been doing much driving due to the fact that I had to sell my first car due to financial problems and now I can't really afford the insurance so I can't take the full driving test . I am wondering what happens when my permit expires? do I have to re-do my theory test ? or do I just send out a form to get new a license ?

I still have till June before my license expires but I don't think I would pass the the test at my current driving skill . Even though my father assured me that if I did a month of everyday driving I shouldn't have problems passing the test cause I am already pretty good . But the thing is I am a bit afraid that I will make stupid mistakes etc and im not feeling ready to do the driving test NOW . Thats why I want to know what Happens after my license expires. ITs my first license btw .

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You should be able to just apply for another licence.

However, remember you will be applying for a Second Learner Permit. Afaik, this should last for another 2 years, but you won't be able to get any subsequent LPs without having proof that you applied for the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Olterior

Thanks but Its my first license so thanks a lot guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

I have a slightly different situation, my license has expired.
    My 2nd provisional license expired last August. Just a week before it expired i went to my local tax office to renew my license.....not knowing at the time that i couldn't get a 3rd license until i provided some evidence of having undergone a test or having applied for one etc. The girl told me i was to apply for my test with the rsa and when i received the confirmation i was to go back to the tax office and they would give me a 3rd.

I didn't do it and now im regreting it.
    I went onto the rsa website this evening to apply and the first thing it says when you go to apply is "your learner permit must be in date".....now i don't know what to do!
    Will i have to resit my theory test. I'm really stuck.
    Has anyone got any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Since the RSA introduced its new online application system last year, a ridiculous Catch-22 has applied to applicants for a third or subsequent learner permit when their previous permit/provisional has expired. You can't get a driving test appointment without a valid learner permit, and you can't renew your permit without a driving test appointment. Someone in the RSA really needs to address this problem.

"Catch 22" describes it perfectly!
    I have a similar e-mail typed out and ready to send to the rsa asking them exactly what to do in these circumstances.

If i do hear back from them i will post their reply up on boards for anyone else in a similar situation!

Ps: oooops i removed the quote from the information you (donegalfella) provided above......now it looks like i wrote it :)

I rang the RSA today and the girl told me i can send off my application form and they will take it no problem :)

Advertisement