Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tills suspention

Options
  • 17-01-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

hi folks hope this is the right place to post this, i know of a staff member who got suspended because she was out at the tills by 30-40e at dunns stores. she is not the only one . she went into work today at 6pm for her shift. she was sent for to be told that she be suspendee for 3 days . i think that is grossley unfair. couldnt they just take it out of her wages. the only place i thought anyone be suspended is at school. she loves her job staff are good people . what do you guys think? this has never happend to her before , she is in bits over it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Is it the first time her till has been out? They should have shown her her till records- overs/unders are flagged. How long is she there? If it's not her first mistake and she's there less than 6 months, they'd be well within their rights to suspend her, however harsh. I work there, and I got a few cautions about my till and one warning, all when I was well over probation...they really have to follow the book once you're over 6 months. What they usually do is cation you..show you your till records..if no improvement..retrain you...then another caution...retraining..no improvement- THEN a warning. Maybe her store is particularly bad and they're cracking down on it. I had the same problem that one stage there were 6/7 people with crap till results, and 2 or 3 suffered no consequences.

No the whole point is that taking it out of your wages is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Probably better in work problems forum,

but pretty usual for companies, suspension should be on full pay and then they will invite her in for an interview with HR/line manager she should bring one of her work friends in with her or the union rep. they will ask her to explain if she knows where the money went and why her till was down, most likely gave to much change or keyed a credit card transaction wrong.. depending on previous history with the company i.e length of service and if her till has been missing transaction before what the out come will be.... if she has nothing to worry about there should not be a problem .. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Work Problems

dudara

OP - matters like this should be covered in her employee handbook. Start there and perhaps talk to a union steward (I presume the Dunnes workforce are unionised).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Any update? she should have had her investigation by now..

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Any update? she should have had her investigation by now..
    havent chated her yet, went in to the shop to day thought she be there. forgot to txt her ive lads to look after. she told me that she got warned before. what do you think is going to happen to her .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

After a previous warning for the same issue they may re-train and go for a written warning. This would be a good time to ask to be transfered to another section of the shop if she doesn't feel confident that she can deliver a balanced till.

Advertisement