Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Problems: Fights start out ok but then randomly slow to a disconnect.

Options
  • 17-01-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Howya lads.

Firstly I'm on GFWL.

I've been suffering this for the last week or so where I'll get into a match no problem no sign of lag with good connection 4 or 5 bars before in the lobby.

Then randomly (sometimes in round 2 even) the game suddenly slows down greatly and disconnects after a further 2 or 3 seconds.

It can't be just a matter of lag or my connection because it's too acute a change for it to just be that. I'm not downloading or doing anything else while this happens either so something is directly affecting it to just come out of nowhere and trash the connection like that so abruptly.

Has anyone else had this and or does anyone have any advice on what to try or what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lag switchers or some other form of lag abuse by your opponent I reckon.

Try playing player matches with someone from here and see if it still happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

It may be your PC, something overheating , loose, or in need of a driver update.

What you describe sounds like what happens on my laptop when I try to play but my laptop can't run the game on full power due to the wrong plug being used to it slows down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Lag switchers or some other form of lag abuse by your opponent I reckon.

Try playing player matches with someone from here and see if it still happens.

This has never happened to me on GWFL in a lot of games so if it's happening regularly to Ry and only for the last week I'd say it's a problem on his end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    This has never happened to me on GWFL in a lot of games so if it's happening regularly to Ry and only for the last week I'd say it's a problem on his end.

Yeh I definitely think it's a problem on my end. It's not happening with other things mind so It's something StreetFighter Based I think.

You playin any other PC games atm? Has this started happening when you got your stick by any chance?

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    You playin any other PC games atm? Has this started happening when you got your stick by any chance?

Doesn't happen with anything else :/

I recorded and uploaded a short film of what happens regularly.

Sometimes it takes longer sometimes it happens before the round even starts.

Basically where it ends is where the little connection loss prompt pops up and the match ends. :/

Thats odd alright. If I saw that myself I'd assume the other guy just has a ****e PC, but if its constantly happening then yeah its something on your end.

Have you installed anything recently? New firewall or driver or something? Hows the HD space? Is anyone nicking your wireless connection maybe? Hmmm

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Thats odd alright. If I saw that myself I'd assume the other guy just has a ****e PC, but if its constantly happening then yeah its something on your end.

Have you installed anything recently? New firewall or driver or something? Hows the HD space? Is anyone nicking your wireless connection maybe? Hmmm

Nothing new HD space is fine and wireless is inactive :( I think it's ****ty Vodafone or a **** router problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Does your ISP have a fair usage policy or anything as that could be causing it.

You say wireless is in active, are you on wireless then yeah, did you use that program I've been telling people to use?

• Advertisement
Advertisement