Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Camo in Ireland worth it?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering if Camo in ireland is really worth it. I know the woodland camo may be well suited to our climate, or the traditional all Black for the indoor stuff, but what wbout everything else?

I was told by a friend of mine that they spent an extra E85 on their AEG so that there would be a desert camo on it, and I really don't see the point of it.

Am i just being a cynical noob, or is there a point to funki Camo?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

camo is worth it if your going for practical loadout give your aeg a green/brown camo and jobs a good one, desert camo tan/karki on an aeg is more than likely just for looks in the climate :) but that is 90 % of airsoft

three routes in airsoft practical fashion and theme, fashion is by far the most popular in the hobbie, practical is pure utilitarian, theme can be a mix of all with theme your following a real world impression normal sacrificing practicality for the authentic look

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

I agree with Puding, but at the same time special forces like the SAS wear anything if its practical, so it's possible to theme and be practical at the same time. Its just more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yes, Camo is worth it.

Airsoft loadouts do vary though, and depending on your play style, camoflage can be useful, or just fashion as Puding said. Some wear what they want to emulate, and play to compensate or feel it doesnt matter... *shrugs* thier call. I always try to blend in somewhat, it increases the chances of concealment and gives me an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

To be honest I could never see the point of colorin your gun .Clothes, I can understand for the fashion and everything (I would really like get my hands on a good, affordable Gillie suit) but I would never change the color of my pieces, for the simple reason that the color scheme might not work in a month or 2, when you want to do something different.

Just my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

J.D.R wrote: »
    To be honest I could never see the point of colorin your gun .Clothes, I can understand for the fashion and everything (I would really like get my hands on a good, affordable Gillie suit) but I would never change the color of my pieces, for the simple reason that the color scheme might not work in a month or 2, when you want to do something different.

Just my 2 cents

You can always paint over your gun again! Im seriously considering painting my sigma 40fs slide tan, why, because i can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

What, like play in Sub-Saharan Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Markom5a wrote: »
    You can always paint over your gun again! Im seriously considering painting my sigma 40fs slide tan, why, because i can!

Or, instead of paying for paintjobs, you could buy some tan camo rags to wrap around the gun, and have the same effect, so if you wanted to change the look again, it would be no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Or, instead of paying for paintjobs, you could buy some tan camo rags to wrap around the gun, and have the same effect, so if you wanted to change the look again, it would be no hassle

Ah but rags wouldn't go with a pisiol! And anyway a can of paint isn't much more than a tenner! And east enough to change with wire wool or sandpaper

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mgsguru

a lot of it is to do with aesthetics it doesn't change how your gun works its just personal choice. and rags may be easier to change and cost slightly less than a tin of spray paint they can be a nuisance when they come loose in the middle of a game. in some situations they can give you an advantage but not an awful lot. at the end of the day its all down to personal choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

I am just wondering if Camo in ireland is really worth it. I know the woodland camo may be well suited to our climate, or the traditional all Black for the indoor stuff, but what wbout everything else?

I was told by a friend of mine that they spent an extra E85 on their AEG so that there would be a desert camo on it, and I really don't see the point of it.

Personal choice. Completely up to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

its a complete personal choice, like what all puding said.
    for me i want to feel the part, and when i play the black gun sticks out the most i feel from a player that wears camo, the gun and the head.
    so why not if you like it? personal choice again
    xXx

Advertisement