Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet in UCD

Options
  • 17-01-2010 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I got a netbook for xmas and i have a 9am lecture in quinn in the morning what info do i need to hook up to the internet with ethernet cable and also wifi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You're gonna need to get it registered for Ethernet with ILTG and/or the Daedalus desk

You'll be grand for Wifi, just change the settings in explorer/firefox connection preferences to automatic proxy detect

or

address: proxy.ucd.ie

port: 8484

edit: the WiFi reception in the classrooms isn't the best so you're probably not gonna be able to hold a signal for that long

also, check here for a better explanation of what to do

http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/wirelessandlaptopsinucd/name,22513,en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

As a netbook user on the UCD campus ethernet, do exactly what ya man told you to do and you'll be fine :P

Advertisement