Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brutal Legend - Anyone else notice some legends are missing?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

(Since this is about the soundtrack of metal songs on the game, and not the actual game itself, I thought I'd post it here, mods are free to move if they feel it necessary)

Anyone who's played Brutal Legend will know what I'm talking about . The game has (guesstimate) 124 songs, of all various degrees of metal. From Pop Metal (in the form of Motley Crue) to Speed Metal (Dragonforce). Yet surprisingly two of the most influential bands were left out. Metallica and Iron Maiden. I thought it was very strange indeed. Any other's people were surprised not to see in there, or do you think 'tallica and maiden shouldn't have been put in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Think it was a cost thing, that they could not afford or get permission to use songs by certain bands.

Cool game though, had as much fun flicking through the songs when driving Eddie's car as I did playing the game. :D

Here's hoping for a second game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I know what you mean, found myself parking the car somewhere safe then just leaving the radio play! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Slugs wrote: »
    (Since this is about the soundtrack of metal songs on the game, and not the actual game itself, I thought I'd post it here, mods are free to move if they feel it necessary)

Anyone who's played Brutal Legend will know what I'm talking about . The game has (guesstimate) 124 songs, of all various degrees of metal. From Pop Metal (in the form of Motley Crue) to Speed Metal (Dragonforce). Yet surprisingly two of the most influential bands were left out. Metallica and Iron Maiden. I thought it was very strange indeed. Any other's people were surprised not to see in there, or do you think 'tallica and maiden shouldn't have been put in?
    :confused: Am I the only one wondering what game you're talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Malice_ fails knowledge test thread! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Slugs wrote: »

Indeed I wonder :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Malice_ wrote: »
    :confused: Am I the only one wondering what game you're talking about?

You might be.

94367296987front_2.jpg

A great game with a great soundtrack. Features the voice of Jack Black as the protagonist along with cameos by Lemmy, Ozzy, Rob Halford and one or two others.

mike65 wrote: »
    Malice_ fails knowledge test thread! ;)
    I'll use my modly powers to update the thread title. That way no one else will share my fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis what the kids are into these days...:(

mike65 wrote: »
    Tis what the kids are into these days...:(

I've gone from thinking that the 65 in your username is your year of birth, to thinking it is your age. :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    I've gone from thinking that the 65 in your username is your year of birth, to thinking it is your age. :D
    Does that mean you're not 36/37 Kess? :p

• Advertisement

Malice_ wrote: »
    Does that mean you're not 36/37 Kess? :p

I have the game so I ain't 73 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's got Manowar. A game about metal needs nothing else tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Could not stand the game. Mainly cause Jack Black does my bloody head in, even the opening, with him in the record store annoyed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

Considering the sheer number of metal bands, many of would never be expected to be in a mainstream American game, I'll take what I can get.

Advertisement