Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start with potty training

Options
  • 17-01-2010 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,
    My son is almost two and is showing all the signs of being ready to potty train but I don't know where to start. I bought him a potty today and let him play arond with it this evening but I don't know where to start to show him when to use it and how to explain to him to do his wee in it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

My advice would be to try and stay home for a few days (probably won't take that long) and take him out of nappies. Put pants on him and remind him several times during the day about going to the potty. When you have had some success (might be a week, might be a day) try bringing him out for a walk without the nappy also and see how you get on. Bringing the potty in the car with you may help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Put a tennis ball into the toilet and tell him to hit the ball with his sh.t or piss. Turn it into a game for him to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Im potty training now and failing miserably. I keep him in pajama bottoms so the feeling of wet cloth against his skin motivates him to tell me when he has to go. So far i get an "uh oh" during the event. He just had a drink 20 minutes ago so Ive stuck him on the potty with a magnadoodle while he waits for the event. My laundry is out of my ears.

Advertisement