Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Stallions

Options
  • 17-01-2010 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

So, who do you have the pleasure of playing in the big international clubs face off?

I've got a Division 3 team. Fair enough. Except, my lad has been playing Blackout Rugby since season 1 and has won his league in Division 3 four years in a row. One of his players has a healthy 95,000 CSR. Must say I'm going to have to save up the LTNT for this one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Bloody hell. Sangor have a global rank of 450. I have a global rank of 1500.

This isn't going to be pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

where do you find out? Ive looked at the challenges website, the clubrooms thread, the irish off site boards, and my fixture list?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Go to 'friendlies' Satory.

I have two very strong teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Cheers, didn't think to look there...

Modica

Looks like I've got a hard enough fixture. 1st in his Div IV league, and he hasn't even lost a match this season in the league :confused:

EDIT:: Actually, its not all bad, the other teams in his league are all bots. I may just have a chance, if I keep me LTNT up.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I got Vanden Plas, div III team since season 1 (i think) they didnt win anything in season 2 or 4... and moved leagues within Div III.

But ye I'm going to be hammered also unfortunately me thinks. two of their players on Italian under 20's and one can't be far off (or is 20 too old for U20?) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

got a div 2 team that have two under 20's playing for them and their captain has a CSR of 135K+. most of his players are 2 to 3 times better then mine in the same position. thought we were supposed to be matched up with teams of reasonably equal quality.

anyway enough of all this belly aching and making excuses before a ball is kicked.... LETS ROCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

anyway enough of all this belly aching and making excuses before a ball is kicked.... LETS ROCK!

I agree! lets save up our LTNT and give it a lash and see what happens! :D

I'll have close enough to full as got bottom team as last match, playoffs..meh who wants to be promoted, its overrated!!:D

Oh and I am a full 1108 places below my team on the rankings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

got a div 2 team that have two under 20's playing for them and their captain has a CSR of 135K+. most of his players are 2 to 3 times better then mine in the same position. thought we were supposed to be matched up with teams of reasonably equal quality.

I thought that too.

Anyways, gotta team about 1000 places ahead of me in World Ranking. Obviously his players have a higher CSR but might be able to surprise him if I play LTNT...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Evenly matched my arse!

Have a division 2 team. Seriously how the f*** is that right??

994 places ahead of me in world rankings, not that im worried about that, most of starting 15 in the 30k csr mark with a few dotted in the 80k,70k and 50k csr. My highest player has a csr of circa 26k. Hardly even really?

Nevertheless, i shall formulate a game plan to starve them of possession and cause an upset!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Mine are over the 1100 mark better in world ranking (not that ranking is everything). They've been on the go since season one and are a much better team than mine.

Similar happened to a number of people (including myself) last season against the Welsh. Unfortunately its the problem on doing an open invitational tournament like this. Some will have a terrible match up some wont. It looks like most boardsies have got bad match ups.

I'll have a better LTNT% this year though as I'm aiming for 3rd after playoffs so wont be going all out like in the playoffs last season. And of course my own tactical genius :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

They have a full 15 players with better CSR then my best player :( oh dear

Advertisement