Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving router. Dsl problem?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Right so basically i have my wireless router connected in one room. however recently i got an xbox and want to set up xbox live. however i dont want to spend the extra 50euro to get a wireless adapter so decided id move the router and just hook it up directly to the xbox.

However when i moved the router to the different telephone jack to have it beside my xbox it failed to connect to the internet. The Dsl wouldn't connect? anyone have any ideas why? and how to manage this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

some1else wrote: »
    However when i moved the router to the different telephone jack to have it beside my xbox it failed to connect to the internet. The Dsl wouldn't connect? anyone have any ideas why? and how to manage this?

To be honest most DSL equipment needs to be connected too the main socket in the house or so they tell us. If you have a filter on every other socket in your house then it may synch up otherwise you will need to buy a wireless adapter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have mine DSL connected via one of the multiple secondary sockets in the house and it's fine. Just make sure there are filters on evey other socket that you have something plugged into and it should be OK.

You didn't mix up the dual filter they might have given you with one socket for the phone and one for the router?

Advertisement