Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Holiday

• 17-01-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I know its kinda late to organise one but about 20 of us decided to do it this week. Where is every1 else goin? we want a place with other leaving certs :D. Please include the cost thats probably the most important thing for us Ha ha ha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Most of the people in my school are going Zakynthos.

Me and my mates still haven't booked or decided. Pretty much in the same boat as you.

We are looking for the cheapest place going once it has a club and stuff.

If anyone has idea's let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm organising mine this week aswel. Not sure where we're going but i think it could be somewhere in the Canaries :confused: Hoping it all comes together soon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Are you thinknig about Playa Des Ingles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

Leaving Cert holidays are **** to be honest. The resorts tend to be full of underage teeny boppers who think they know everything. All very childish. You'd be better off heading somewhere with 2 or 3 mates. What we did was go to Germany. We went to Berlin. Tonnes to do. Loads of clubs museums beer and most importantly women!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ithoughtitwasap

Las Americas, Tenerife! :D:D

Myself and a friend went last year around March, with his family, and it was such good craic, we decided we had to go back! Dirt cheap and safe-ish! Loads of cheap drink and all the rest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I hate holidays with the focus being getting drunk. I'm trying to get a few pep's together for a back packing holiday. Rather spend 2 months in 10 different countries than 2 weeks on one beach!

theowen wrote: »
    I hate holidays with the focus being getting drunk. I'm trying to get a few pep's together for a back packing holiday. Rather spend 2 months in 10 different countries than 2 weeks on one beach!

I can see where you're coming from and last year I would have agreed! :P

Take a look at the Santiago De Compostella, if you haven't already, the pilgrimage is on this year, I think around July 25th. You can apply for a Compostella passport, basically means you can stay in hostels along the way for 3 - 7 Euro per night, and you get a stamp in each one. If you've done over 100km on foot, or over 250km by bicycle, your name gets read out at mass in the last town on the date of the Compostella. Or so I remember!

It's some of the best scenery in Europe, and you'll meet a rake of people. Of course, you don't necessarily have to go for the religious side of it, but that's when most people will be going. Walkers have priority over cyclists in the hostels also. I think the furthest away you can start is in Switzerland, but you'd have to begin before the Leaving Cert starts in that case! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I can see where you're coming from and last year I would have agreed! :P

Take a look at the Santiago De Compostella, if you haven't already, the pilgrimage is on this year, I think around July 25th. You can apply for a Compostella passport, basically means you can stay in hostels along the way for 3 - 7 Euro per night, and you get a stamp in each one. If you've done over 100km on foot, or over 250km by bicycle, your name gets read out at mass in the last town on the date of the Compostella. Or so I remember!

It's some of the best scenery in Europe, and you'll meet a rake of people. Of course, you don't necessarily have to go for the religious side of it, but that's when most people will be going. Walkers have priority over cyclists in the hostels also. I think the furthest away you can start is in Switzerland, but you'd have to begin before the Leaving Cert starts in that case! :P
    Wow:p I might just have a problem convincing people to go on that. I'm thinking of an inbetween. Some beer, woman, scenery perhaps. Inter-railing's on the list thus far. Seems pretty awesome!

theowen wrote: »
    Wow:p I might just have a problem convincing people to go on that. I'm thinking of an inbetween. Some beer, woman, scenery perhaps. Inter-railing's on the list thus far. Seems pretty awesome!

Yeah, that was my problem too, I was dead set on doing that last year, but then I looked at it realistically. I was planning on starting in Bilbao, the middle of North Spain, worked out I'd have to walk about 30km a day. And then I realised just how unfit i am! :cool:

So now it's Karaoke in bad pubs and falling down/up stairs. Again. :D I can live with that.

Interrailing would be damn cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

santa ponsa best place ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whysoserious?

we booked our holiday friday to go to playa de las Americas in tenerife! cheap beer, crapy hotel, but i cant wait, a trip across Europe would be sweet but i dont know, could get messy and expensive! theres 14 of us going to tenerife this year instead, from what i heard off the lads who did there leaving last year, its gonna be sweet! except one of them got deported for beating up a fella who tryed to mug him! spent most of his holiday in a spanish cell with just bread and water!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Nothing planned, we're all broke so we might get as far as Dublin, London if we're lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I went to Ayia napa last year.That was great craic!I'm not sure if people in your year are going there this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Wardy92

we booked our holiday friday to go to playa de las Americas in tenerife! cheap beer, crapy hotel, but i cant wait, a trip across Europe would be sweet but i dont know, could get messy and expensive! theres 14 of us going to tenerife this year instead, from what i heard off the lads who did there leaving last year, its gonna be sweet! except one of them got deported for beating up a fella who tryed to mug him! spent most of his holiday in a spanish cell with just bread and water!

How much is it costing you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

feck all money to be honest.. we had it all planned that we would go to a few different cities.. we had looked at Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam and London.. get an interrailing ticket for €159 and pay extra for accommadation.. but it was coming to some crazy amount of money.!? so we are looking at a plan B.. maybe just 1city. although interrailing is cheap way of getting around to different cities.. anyone have suggestions on good cities to go to? cheap aswell!!

Amsterdam is looking like an option! cant see my parents being too impressed about me going there though!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

I'm not sure if I am since I got to go on a holiday with my friends last summer :P
    But hopefully, we'll end up going somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

cork*girl wrote: »
    feck all money to be honest.. we had it all planned that we would go to a few different cities.. we had looked at Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam and London.. get an interrailing ticket for €159 and pay extra for accommadation.. but it was coming to some crazy amount of money.!? so we are looking at a plan B.. maybe just 1city. although interrailing is cheap way of getting around to different cities.. anyone have suggestions on good cities to go to? cheap aswell!!

Amsterdam is looking like an option! cant see my parents being too impressed about me going there though!:pac:

Well I was a proud advocate of interrailing to Zagreb, however my friends weren't exactly impressed...

Looks like Costa del Sol for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,800 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 yo!its_yoyo

cork*girl wrote: »

Why not go to prague? Its very cheap and very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm organising mine this week aswel. Not sure where we're going but i think it could be somewhere in the Canaries :confused: Hoping it all comes together soon though.
    Doyler92 wrote: »
    Are you thinknig about Playa Del Ingles?

Don't tbh ... not with that age group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭je suis awesome

love to spend like a j1 summer in europe, like in london, paris, berlin, amsterdam or malaga

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Well im hoping after da leavin to go 4 a long weekend with my older sis maybe Edinburgh or Munich....Then later in the summer be heading with the folks to Achill Island=)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whysoserious?

well the flights are with Aer Lingus and costing about 251 each and the accommodation is around 50 for the week at Laguna Park 2.... i reckon that's a pretty good deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Ibiza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'd rather do what I did last year: sit at home and whinge about how crap the Summer turned out to be. :p

Nah,just don't have the money for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Nah,just don't have the money for one.
    Same, probably the closest I'll get to a leaving cert holiday will be playing babysitter to my five and eight-year-old cousins in Scotland. Par-tay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Lawliet wrote: »
    Same, probably the closest I'll get to a leaving cert holiday will be playing babysitter to my five and eight-year-old cousins in Scotland. Par-tay!

I want to check out the university I might be going to for a few years in Paris, never gonna get the money to though. :p
    I don't drink though,so the traditional Leaving Cert holiday would be wasted on me.
    Is anyone going to Oxegen as their "holiday"? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

we were discussing it today and came to the conclusion that we cant afford our interrailing trip..:( So Oxegen it is ;) and possibly a few days in London for shopping. which suits me perfect. Really starting to look foward to this Summer!

Plans so far!:

>FINISHED!!! ARGHHH *HAPPY DANCE* on the 24th
    > My 19th on the 26th of June
    >GET A JOB
    >Oxegen 2k10 bahh
    >London in August
    >Results
    >Debs
    >Collegeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I want to check out the university I might be going to for a few years in Paris, never gonna get the money to though. :p
    I don't drink though,so the traditional Leaving Cert holiday would be wasted on me.
    Is anyone going to Oxegen as their "holiday"? :)

Depends, been last 2 years and a third year isn't a nice thought right now:p. I'll go if Deadmau5/Pendulum play. Would love to see em again. Would be a horrible ''holiday'' if I'm to be honest though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Interrailing - Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Stockholm, Tallinn, Helsinki and St. Petersburg :D
    I'm going for almost 3 weeks and it's working out to be pretty reasonable for 7 different cities!

Advertisement