Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Holiday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

Crete :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 gill91

probably just end up goin somewhere in ireland...cant afford goin away.. galway or cork maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

Copenhagen, staying in a mates apartment for July, then its off to Edinburgh for what will probaly work out to be most of August...Can. Not. Wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

We're thinking of going to Salou or Costa de Sol but don't know when we're actually going to book it because everyones so stressed about the mocks :( I might be going New York too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Interrailing - Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Stockholm, Tallinn, Helsinki and St. Petersburg :D
    I'm going for almost 3 weeks and it's working out to be pretty reasonable for 7 different cities!
    How much is that setting you back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Wardy92

Thanks for all the ideas got a great deal 325 for 7 days in ibiza. Staying in the comfort inn a not too terrible hotel. 20 of us goin cant wait!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

It's strange, I was really looking foward to a holiday after the LC somewhere, but now we're all going to Oxegen cause we're seriously poor and I can't wait, it's going to be f*cking brilliant:D
    So excited, I went last year with only one of my mates but this time theres about 10 of us going together, and nearly half my year are going as well, so we're bound to bump into them there.

Really its a good idea I think, especially if you don't have enough money for a holiday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Hey just wondering how much is an Inter-Rail ticket? Because I really don't wanna go on a "sun" holiday with the lads, would much prefer European cities(ie. the women)!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Wardy92 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the ideas got a great deal 325 for 7 days in ibiza. Staying in the comfort inn a not too terrible hotel. 20 of us goin cant wait!!:D

what does that include?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dublingurl***

OnTheBalls wrote: »
    Leaving Cert holidays are **** to be honest. The resorts tend to be full of underage teeny boppers who think they know everything. All very childish. You'd be better off heading somewhere with 2 or 3 mates. What we did was go to Germany. We went to Berlin. Tonnes to do. Loads of clubs museums beer and most importantly women!

who wud wanna c a museum on their leaving cert holidaay??

zakynthos... i stayed in kalamacki.. quiet ... but laganas is only 5 mins down the road and 7 euro in a taxi..!! thats deadly place..loads a bars and clubs.. and cheap drinks..!!

ceratta beach hotel in kilamcki.. i couldnt say a bad word about it except they wer kind of strict on noise..!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

who wud wanna c a museum on their leaving cert holidaay??
    Hi dublingurl, welcome to Boards.

Just a heads-up, txtspit doesn't tend to go down well on this site. :)

Actually, Laganas or close by would strike me as a good venue for a post-LC holiday, certainly if you're talking the big gang / party until dawn every night type holiday.

It's quite compact; cheap; tends to get a fairly young crowd ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Interrailing - Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Stockholm, Tallinn, Helsinki and St. Petersburg :D
    I'm going for almost 3 weeks and it's working out to be pretty reasonable for 7 different cities!

This is good, sounds like an expensive one though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

A group of about 40 from my school are going Caretta Beach aswell. But me and 1 of the other lads had the sense to think they will get kicked out so we booked in Laganos.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

theowen wrote: »
    How much is that setting you back?

€1000 for the 3 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Wardy92

Daragh101 wrote: »
    what does that include?
    Flights and accom we got it cheap with a travel agent cos there was so much of us.
    Bringing about another 500 gonna live off bread and beer :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tinytot91

Benalmadena in spain..29/6 to 6/7! Got flights for 250 each and Accom for 7 ppl at 660 so bout 95 each! Pretty decent..My friend waited for ryan air flights and she got them for 150...snake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 danielle1

heading to santa ponsa at end of july cant wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm off to Salou at the end of June and New York some time in July. Salou's all booked and i'm excited :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I am off to London sometime during the summer but I haven't got the dates clarified but I am not bothered spending a large amount of money on a holiday where the sole emphasis is to drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Two words, Santa Ponsa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Teaching English in Tanzania. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

Depends, been last 2 years and a third year isn't a nice thought right now:p. I'll go if Deadmau5/Pendulum play. Would love to see em again. Would be a horrible ''holiday'' if I'm to be honest though.

not this year, Deadmau5 was there last year doesnt seem to be there this year, seen him there last year.. and in the UCD last year.. was mental..

But not to worry :D

He is playing in Dublin the 7th of May :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Anyone know would it be too late to book a LC holiday to Santa Ponsa now?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

we were dying to go to zakynthos, hersonnissos, that place in crete but theyre expensive to get to. Ibiza is DIRT cheap to get to and stay in but you'd make up the rest with the cost of living there.
    Best bet is spain/ portugal, cheap to get to and stay in and cheap food and drink.
    In general, you dont need agent at all, we did ours by ourselves and it worked out at about 340 for flights, accom, airport transfers and travel insurance for a week in albufeira, portugal
    Use ryanair and hotel sites like alpharooms.com or 1800hotels.ie for the best prices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kento

Can anyone recommend a hotel for 15 lads going on a Leaving Cert holiday in Tenerife?? We'r trying t organise it ourselves.

Advertisement