Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porridge in Dublin 15 Cafes?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any cafes that serve porridge on the menu for brekkie in Dublin 15.

I have got it in Starbucks but it is a very small portion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

The cafe in blanchardstown village (opposite vincent de paul shop) serve porridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Great! I'll check it out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Porridge is €1.50 in McDonalds.

The Drive-Thru one is quite nice in the morning times! ;)

I've found the best porridge in D15! Cafe in Dunnes in the Centre. Great big bowl of porridge served with a little jug of cream - only €1.65!!!!

I see O'Briens are now doing porridge also. Anyone taste it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    The cafe in blanchardstown village (opposite vincent de paul shop) serve porridge

The problem with that place is that you'll likely get half the porridge on your face after the grumpy staff member slams the bowl down in front of you while being ''served''. Had two bad experiences there, and never again. Ambers Cafe is the name of it I believe...definitely one to avoid.

Credit where credit is due though, I'm quite impressed with the Dunnes cafe in the Centre, hard to believe that the supermarket is under the same banner as the latter is diabolical as referenced in the Dublin 15 supermarket thread! Reflections is the name of the cafe, can reflect on the terrible staff attitude in the supermarket. The cafe staff though do a good job, or maybe they don't really and it's just that they seem dazzling in comparison to most of the ''native scobie'' section of the staff in the supermarket. I'm sure there's some decent people working in Dunnes supermarket as well, but the scobies seem to have squating rights there it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I've found the best porridge in D15! Cafe in Dunnes in the Centre. Great big bowl of porridge served with a little jug of cream - only €1.65!!!!

Thanks for this alert. Must try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've had lunch there a few times and its always been very nice. it's a little gem of a place hidden in the back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Can only echo Dunnes, I think they use posh stuff not this own brand, let's put it that way!

Think this thread needs to be up and running again now that we are heading towards October ;)

I think I have found the best porridge in D15!!

O'Briens in the Centre. Great big bowl of creamy delicious porridge for €2.

Woderful for warming you in the winter!!!

Advertisement