Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Course

Options
  • 17-01-2010 11:23pm

Hi all, my history teacher casually informed us the other day that 'we won't be finishing the course' and rather focus on what we will be doing well. I'm just wondering if most people are finishing the course or not. I know it's a long course and that you'll only in reality be asked on one aspect of each topic, but is only being able to answer 3/4 questions in each topic of the paper going to be a major disadvantage? How is your class getting on with the course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Hi all, my history teacher casually informed us the other day that 'we won't be finishing the course' and rather focus on what we will be doing well. I'm just wondering if most people are finishing the course or not. I know it's a long course and that you'll only in reality be asked on one aspect of each topic, but is only being able to answer 3/4 questions in each topic of the paper going to be a major disadvantage? How is your class getting on with the course?
    If you can only answer 3/4ths of the questions you'll be doing very well:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whysoserious?

we finished our course around Christmas, but trust me i don't have a clue about most of the topics we did except Bismarck and WW1.. what topics you doing?
    anybody else really regret they kept on history for the leaving? :(:(

I'm doing Pursuit of Sovereignty and the Impact of Partition, Dictatorship and Democracy, The USA and the World, and the NI case studies one.

Aye, that's what I'm thinking, the essay titles can be a pain to answer, so I'd like as most choice as possible.

I really like History as a subject, and the exam isn't too bad with the special topic, but the essay writing and sheer volume of information to be learnt is a killer.

Advertisement