Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking advice on new build

Options
  • 17-01-2010 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Hey people, my graphics card fried the other day and I want to replace it. That's not the problem. The graphics card I plan on getting is a pretty decent card (this card). The new card will be going into my current motherboard for the time being. My current motherboard is limited when it comes to upgrades so I plan on changing it. I want to upgrade my ram and processor in the near future. I have found a motherboard that will run my old parts just fine until I decide to upgrade them. I am going to stick with DDR 2 ram, because this motherboard lets me be more flexible with my processor chip, which is more important to me at this stage.

Anyway, I have this case "Gigabyte GZ-X1 Black Midi tower" and I want to know if this motherboard will fit in my case?

I can sort out most compatibality issues but I am finding it difficult to make an informed decision on this one. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What's your spec again? The GZ-X1 should take any ATX mobo.

OCUK can be expensive.

Advertisement