Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trad revolution

• 18-01-2010 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi want to start a project to do for trad music what michael flatley did for irish/tapp dancing , want to introduce electronica into trad and mainly precussion african drum and various other non irish drum , percussion is the basis of all music i think by introducing various percussion instruments to a basic 4 piece trad group and top it off with some live electronic synths /drum , could and will work , if you posses any of the above qualities contact me at pmcnamara55@hotmail.com and get the ball rolling . this is a purely experimental project but with the right people ,and dedication and passion for music it will succeed .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

mightymac wrote: »
    hi want to start a project to do for trad music what michael flatley did for irish/tapp dancing , want to introduce electronica into trad and mainly precussion african drum and various other non irish drum , percussion is the basis of all music i think by introducing various percussion instruments to a basic 4 piece trad group and top it off with some live electronic synths /drum , could and will work , if you posses any of the above qualities contact me at pmcnamara55@hotmail.com and get the ball rolling . this is a purely experimental project but with the right people ,and dedication and passion for music it will succeed .

Maybe post some details about your self if you want interest. For example where you are located, what instruments you play etc...

What you're planning isn't anything revolutionary in my opinion, check out Hidden Ground by Paddy Glackin and Jolyon Jackson for some early examples of the electronic/synth style influence, released in 1980. As for the use of african percussion, its been done a lot.

Best of luck with it though, best to be making music anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Heres a few tracks from back in the day...

Marxman - 1989

Bumble _ West in MotionThe Andrew Weatherall mix is not as good as the original (1992).

Afro Celt Sound System

Advertisement