Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More medieval governmant shenanigans

Options
  • 18-01-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Under changes to the state's classification act, which came into effect on Sunday, businesses will face fines of up to $5000 for displaying a "poster, pamphlet or other printed material" for films classified R18+

http://www.news.com.au/...
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/...

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous! This kind of mollycoddling is both impossible to police and counter productive. There are many films which are classified 18+ that have no "graphic" covers, and many MA15 films which do!

What's next? "New law says children no longer allowed outside their own homes"!

3s_bubble_narrowweb__200x335.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

That picture puts me in mind of a scene from Malcolm in the Middle :D:D

whioch is probably the polar opposite of the intention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

That picture puts me in mind of a scene from Malcolm in the Middle

ha! I actually looked for a pic of that first :D The one of Dewey wrapped up!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Aussie kids are so soft, well certainly WA kids anyway. The number of them that burst into tears when I put them on a simple little detention...
    The only ones that say "fair enough" and take it are the kids from South Africa, Tasi and the Maori kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

kittex wrote: »
    Aussie kids are so soft, well certainly WA kids anyway. The number of them that burst into tears when I put them on a simple little detention...
    The only ones that say "fair enough" and take it are the kids from South Africa, Tasi and the Maori kids.

HAHA! Little bitches!

Advertisement