Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy cables online?

• 18-01-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend where to buy Hdmi and audio leads etc, online?

amazon seem to have good prices but don't ship them to Ireland.

I've looked at Lindy and Mark Grant, although both seem a bit pricey?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I buy Mark Grant, and for the price you definitely get the quality.

Whether you feel the need to justify the extra expense is entirely up to you and your system, but I cannot fault his cables. I have my system all connected up with HDMI and plenty of his Analog interconnects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I've bought lots of cables from this guy on ebay, they are very cheap but great quality cables and really cheap postage to Ireland. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/cable-mountain/ they also have a website at http://cablemountain.com/

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

When i was looking for my cables i found that shops here have basically the choice of 2. Too cheap/flimsy or overpriced/overrated.

Went to look for an on line shop that had all the cables i needed because ididnt want to source from many shops and pay shipping costs to all of them

Ended up here and got me all i needed and pretty fast too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

I was talking to a friend the other day and he recommended this website http://www.thatcable.com/acatalog/HDMI_cables.html
    They have a What HiFi 5 star rating. See it here and read the Your Opinions section too. http://www.whathifi.com/Review/ThatCable-HDMI/
    I ordered on Thursday and they arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

thanks everyone, I'll check these out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Ive used HiFi Cables in the past and found them excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

nereid wrote: »
    I buy Mark Grant, and for the price you definitely get the quality.

Whether you feel the need to justify the extra expense is entirely up to you and your system, but I cannot fault his cables. I have my system all connected up with HDMI and plenty of his Analog interconnects.

Theyre like double the price of lindy!!!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Theyre like double the price of lindy!!!

yeah, but they're white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I roll my own. :rolleyes:

cnocbui wrote: »
    I roll my own. :rolleyes:

I've tried that, but haven't got the tooling to crimp the cables/connectors together.

What do you use?

• Advertisement

nereid wrote: »
    I've tried that, but haven't got the tooling to crimp the cables/connectors together.

What do you use?

I was really referring to analog cables. I solder then usually just use pliers to crimp any cable clamping wings.

My power amp has XLR connectors so off-the-shelf stuff is rather difficult to source.

I had a Meridian pre amp with balanced line output from a DIN socket. Single DIN balanced line to twin XLR balanced line just isnt the sort of thing you are going to find in the bargain bin. :)

cnocbui wrote: »
    I was really referring to analog cables. I solder then usually just use pliers to crimp any cable clamping wings.

Me too - I've no interest in soldering up a HDMI cable, but that's basically the way I assembled my cables.

I've built a (long) sub cable that is doing a grand job (because it doesn't get disconnected often) but my analog interconnect attempts haven't survived as long (possibly due to my lack of quality control in soldering) which is why I went for the Mark Grant cables.

Cables I made up over 20 years ago are still in use and working fine.

Advertisement