Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocky Horror

Options
  • 18-01-2010 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody going up to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show in Belfast at the end of March?

Chris Biggins is the narrator so should be fun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

It's coming to the Grand Canal Theatre from Mon 11th October - Sat 16th October. You can get ticket prices here:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/venueartist/198867/804241?camefrom=CFC_IE_AFF_GCT&brand=ie_gct

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

hayser wrote: »
    It's coming to the Grand Canal Theatre from Mon 11th October - Sat 16th October. You can get ticket prices here:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/venueartist/198867/804241?camefrom=CFC_IE_AFF_GCT&brand=ie_gct

Nice one, just gonna have to find outif it's the official production

Sure is the official production :D:D

http://www.rockyhorror.co.uk/tour_dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 karenjlwalker

Thanks guys that's brilliant... because this accounts for one of my favourite films, coupled with the fact that I love musicals... I think I will love it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I was at the Rocky Horror once... missed the last one, unfortunately... at the Sugar Club and thought it was great craic. Any Sugar Club or even maybe Classic Cinema veterans that could do a comparison as to whether this would be as good of craic?

• Advertisement

There was a campaign awhile back to get the Classic to show it but I don't think anything came of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

That's some of the best news I've heard in ages!

What are the chances of organising a meet up from the forum to go see it one night it's on here in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

There was a campaign awhile back to get the Classic to show it but I don't think anything came of it.

That is not going to happen, hayser. The Classic Cinema was demolished a few years ago. Ah well.
    The Master wrote: »
    What are the chances of organising a meet up from the forum to go see it one night it's on here in Dublin?

Will you be dressed up, if yes, as who? :D

I'd be: "Here's the ring to prove that I'm no joker..."

Mrs. Alex would be: "Golly, golly, it's too nice a job to rush"

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

I'm only VERY EXCITED to see this, have tickets to the first night! Yeah - is it a dress-up deal? We can't do shout-backs in the theatre can we? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ebaysellerrob

only time I would have wanted to see this would have been when anthony stewart head was in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Just spotted a poster for this yesterday ,

In the Grand Canal Theater , which would be the best seats for this , Stalls , Circle or Upper Circle ? And why ?

Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Misa-san wrote: »
    We can't do shout-backs in the theatre can we? :P

According to the offical web site you can:

http://www.rockyhorror.co.uk/about_the_show

Stalls is best. Try to get in the centre of the row if you can as you will be directly facing the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Stalls is best. Try to get in the centre of the row if you can as you will be directly facing the stage.

Great ,
    Thanks

Next week for this

I saw it in Belfast in March and David Bedella who plays Frank steals the show, i didn't think anybody could beat Tim Curry but Bedella nails it

Got back not long ago

What an awesome show, really funny and even better than when i saw it in Belfast in March

First time in the Grand Canal Theatre too, Great Venue, only gripe was price of Drinks, Bottle of Coors Light and small bottle of Coke for €9 :eek::eek:

Merchandise was very reasonable, 2 different programmes on sale (Same as Belfast). The official one at the merch stand for €5 and the Theatres own for the same price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Irlscot

Were there many people there dressed?? Only asking as GF and I are going this Saturday (last night of run) - her as Magenta and me as Frank. Can't wait, as she's a RH virg!n

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Was wondering the same,also going on Saturday,would I be the only bloke NOT wearing stocking and suspenders.

Dressing up is part of the RH experience. Ive seen the show 5 times in various theatres, (though not in Dublin) and having the audience take part and get into it definitely adds so much more. Theres always a good few not in stocking and suspenders - but hoping a lot of people do go to the extra effort for a laugh :)
    Hope you enjoy it nomatter (dressed-up or not)

Irlscot wrote: »
    Were there many people there dressed?? Only asking as GF and I are going this Saturday (last night of run) - her as Magenta and me as Frank. Can't wait, as she's a RH virg!n
    dubdamo wrote: »
    Was wondering the same,also going on Saturday,would I be the only bloke NOT wearing stocking and suspenders.

There was maybe 20 odd people dressed up, thats what i saw, but do remember that it was an opening night and a Monday, Sure there'll be a LOT more on Fri & Sat as people off work will be travelling in.

As for audience participation it was pretty quiet, 2 girls, front row centre, were nuts, doing everything, Biggins asked them there names and told them he would like them to come back to every show this week as his guest.

One guy up in the circle was shouting out a lot, nearly all the time, after a while Frank (Bedella) told him he was a persistant twat.

MAYBE, just maybe, there'll be a surprise on Sat (Guest Narrator) in place of Biggins ;);)

• Advertisement

Briliant :) thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wattlendaub

Saw it last night, the crowd was fantastic. The production was very impressive, Christopher Biggins was brilliant. Definately something everybody should experience.

What a great show!! The whole cast were brilliant, and there were some excellent shouts from the audience which got the cast laughing a few times. Biggins was brilliant - has line about 'in every bunch of roses there's always a little prick' to the heckler in the circle was top class :D
    Well worth seeing, loads of people dressed up - a great night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

he used that line on a heckler in the front row on Friday night too. Did Richard O'Brien make an appearance on Saturday night? He was sitting near me on Friday night and led the audience in a final Timewarp after the show. Fantastic night out.

Unfortunately not - but we did hang about the theatre for a bit and managed to get the cast autographs as they were leaving - everyone was really good at signing the programme and getting photos taken. Just topped off a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'd love to see this live, I bet the crowd gets really into it! Does anyone know if they are doing it live around the Dublin area soon? Rocky Horror themed nights are always going on around Dublin! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Rocky Horror is on tonight in the Sugar Club at 8pm. Tickets are €15, available at the door or from tickets.ie! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dublin1andonly

This show is crazy good!

Advertisement