Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Championship 2010

• 18-01-2010 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Thinking of making the trip over this year. Have watched it on the box since I were a young 'un and decided last week that myself and my dad want to witness it first hand.

Just looking for advice from people who have attended before, in particular how to acquire tickets.

Also flights accomodation etc.

All help greatly appreciated.

ND.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

I went before, flyed into doncaster with ryan air. you might be able to get a bus from there, its about 50 min drive to sheffield. probably get a half decent hotel for about 50quid each a night.

I think you can book the tickets thru worldsnooker web site. probably should book them ,especially for 2nd week or big name matches.

Its well worth going over for , good buzz around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Myself and a mate went over in 2004, we had gone to the Irish Masters for a few years and decided to head to the big one. Went to all sessions of the final, it was a fairly crap match to be honest with Ronnie winning 18-8 and only two frames in the final session but the craic was good in the city.

We headed over on the Saturday and went to a Premiership match for the day before the final. With where Sheffield is you have a choice of airports, we went with Manchester and got the train from there to Sheffield for fifteen quid, the trip only takes 45 mins. Theres loads of B&Bs and the like in Sheffield to stay in, with the tram around the city everywhere is easily accessible.

Advertisement