Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2010!

Options
  • 18-01-2010 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Ok so at this stage i'm seriously freakin out about the mocks!(mine start on feb 22nd)
    Thought i'd start this thread so people can post what mock paper they got(edco,folens etc.)and what questions came up!
    I'll do the same as soon as i start doing mine..
    we're all in the same boat so why not all help eachother!!
    cheers guys:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Why'd ya wanna cheat to try and pass the mox??

If your not going to work just fail it honourably will ya.

There's no chance of ya cheating in the real LC

mine start on the 24th of feb. so i made a 6 week plan of studying about 1:30-2:00 hours a night which'll be like 70+ hours and thats not including the mid-term which is aload of free time.

That's more than enough to study everything....just organise yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Just study for them. You're not going to be able to look up the real exam questions before the leaving so you shouldn't be trying to look up the mock ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

It too late too study for mine. They start next fri da 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

buttons 09 wrote: »
    Thought i'd start this thread so people can post what mock paper they got(edco,folens etc.)

Those companies don't do mocks and anyway the mods will probably shut down any thread like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Crow92 wrote: »
    If your not going to work just fail it honourably will ya.

Who said the OP wasn't going to work. Even if they know everything thats coming up in the paper they still have to study that!
    Crow92 wrote: »
    There's no chance of ya cheating in the real LC

Ah now, I wouldn't say no chance!:p
    Deemark wrote:
    Those companies don't do mocks and anyway the mods will probably shut down any thread like this.

They didn't last year iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

jd007 wrote: »
    Who said the OP wasn't going to work. Even if they know everything thats coming up in the paper they still have to study that!

That'll be a greatly reduced amount of material to learn though.

I think having some hints for the mocks is OK. Knowing what will come up in every single question is another story altogether though.

jd007 wrote: »
    Who said the OP wasn't going to work. Even if they know everything thats coming up in the paper they still have to study that!........................................
    Ah now, I wouldn't say no chance!:p

I meant proper work, why are you defending someone who wants to cheat?
    Ha right well there is a chance but anyone who'd cheat on that test is just...urgh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

dambarude wrote: »
    ...I think having some hints for the mocks is OK...

Why? Ok, so you might get a slightly better grade, but to what end? You'll face another exam in June with no indication of what's going to come up - how will you manage then?

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Why? Ok, so you might get a slightly better grade, but to what end? You'll face another exam in June with no indication of what's going to come up - how will you manage then?

Study;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Delphi91 wrote: »

Because you'll have more preparation done for June, so it balances out. And people make predictions for nearly every exam in June, going on past papers. The same can't be done for the mocks. Some people haven't full courses finished for the mocks, meaning that teachers have to give hints to help students along.

Don't get me wrong, knowing everything that is on the paper, and exact questions isn't good. Small hints imo are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Some sour feckers in here...:rolleyes:

I'd advise some of ye to stop getting so hung up on what the guy is doing. It's not of your business really and I don't know too many people who would refuse a few hints for the mocks that would greatly decrease stress and pressure.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Anyway you can calm down, mine are on the 2nd of Feb. You have plenty of time until the 29th.

And even if you dont do well, who gives a **** its just the mocks, its not everything. Loads of time after them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Ye guys clearly weren't posting on this last year i did my leaving cert last year and everyone was posting up the questions they got!

your still gonna have to put your study into to learning and answering those questions so its not like your gonna be learning nothing!i did it last year to get through my pre's a bit easier as i started studying late..just to keep the teachers of your case yano and i kept studying after them right up to the leaving and did fine!

Advertisement